PDA

View Full Version : enhanced CRB??

Hebs
07-11-2008, 06:10 PM
in my current job i have to have an enhanced CRB as i work with vunerable members of the public.......... (apparently :panic: i work at a cinema box office :laughing: )

i had an enhanced CRB done in september and as i'm an :littleangel: it came back no problems, so is it true that when i apply for my CRB for childminding they'll only need to check from the date of my last CRB until now???

the lady who done my pre pre inspection said that my last one would be on the computer system so they'll just need to check my recent records .......... not that i have any???

hope that made sense

Minstrel
07-11-2008, 06:15 PM
from what i understand a complete CRB is done for every new application. This is because didnt jobs are looking for different things and what one employer will accept will be different to the next iycwim

Anything found by your current employers will not be allowed to be disclosed to ofsted so they will have to complete their own one to find these out.

Hard to explain but i hope you get my drift!

Mollymop
07-11-2008, 06:17 PM
I am sure that when you have another Enhanced CRB done they do it properly -they check everything all over again. Not like your inspector said. But I might be wrong?

Hebs
07-11-2008, 06:23 PM
not that i have anything to hide :laughing:

was just hoping it'll make it quicker :rolleyes:

appaerntly the CRB takes 4 weeks to complete 90% of all enhanced CRB :laughing:

mandy moo
08-11-2008, 09:00 AM
I worked at my childrens school for 16mths I also had an enhanced CRB for this.
the Inspector who I saw for my initial inspection took my CRB for that job and that was that, I have never reicevied anotherone for childminding, even after making 2 enquires to Ofsted about it!:(

Hebs
08-11-2008, 09:49 AM
:clapping: i'll show them the one i have for my job then and hope they'll accept it :laughing: it was only done on the 22nd september

can all but try

Hebs
08-11-2008, 10:29 AM
right i'm trying to fill out my forms for ofsted and its asking me to provide my current enhanced CRB, so fingers crossed they'll accept it :clapping:

don the duck
08-11-2008, 07:52 PM
Hello, iv just recieved my new CRB. even though the inspector saw mine and enclosed it when had sent forms off. and i was the unfortunate one who had to wait 8 weeks

PixiePetal
08-11-2008, 09:09 PM
I had one done for helping at sons primary school. That was ok on my last inspection, I did ask. If it has changed then I guess it's another job for me to organise :(

don the duck
08-11-2008, 09:11 PM
i just think it depends on the inspector and area were all in.

PixiePetal
08-11-2008, 09:14 PM
Will wait and see then :)

Mummits
08-11-2008, 09:18 PM
I had to wait 3 months for mine, even though I had literally just had one to allow me to help out at cubs, and I'd had another about a year earlier for a nanny job. I'm in the Thames Valley and I had a look at the TV police performance statistics for putting these checks through and they are really appalling, but knowing loads of other people are tearing their hair out in frustration too isn't much of a consolation. When I complained they just said they were understaffed and it was probably in a pile on someone's desk, in other words, tough. In the end, somebody from OFSTED had a go at chasing them up for me and that seemed to work.

don the duck
08-11-2008, 09:19 PM
Will wait and see then :)

Good luck- hope u dont have to as its a pain. let us know how u get on

Hebs
08-11-2008, 09:49 PM
my last one took just under 2 weeks :clapping:

Mollymop
08-11-2008, 09:56 PM
my last one took just under 2 weeks :clapping:

You maybe just as lucky this time! I hope so. My inspector told me that mine should only take 4 weeks and me being niave about thought - Oh great, only 4 weeks and she should know!

9 weeks later I finally get it cleared:rolleyes:

don the duck
08-11-2008, 10:10 PM
You maybe just as lucky this time! I hope so. My inspector told me that mine should only take 4 weeks and me being niave about thought - Oh great, only 4 weeks and she should know!

9 weeks later I finally get it cleared:rolleyes:

i also was told 4 weeks and would be registered by oct. not never happened

Mollymop
08-11-2008, 10:51 PM
i also was told 4 weeks and would be registered by oct. not never happened

Yeah and it is horrible how you get you hopes up about it as well - I was excited at the time thinking how quick four weeks go!!!:( :rolleyes:

Hebs
09-11-2008, 09:01 AM
on the CRB website they state they complete 90% of enhanced CRB checks within 4 weeks