PDA

View Full Version : playdoh!!!

kindredspirits
07-11-2008, 04:36 PM
my mindees love playdoh - which i am fine with.......... but i am finding it really hard to relax and just let them play--------- they keep mixing the colours!! :panic: i know i should relax and think *** it they're already mixed it all up so it can;t get any worse, i hate being this anally rentive! lol

PixiePetal
07-11-2008, 04:39 PM
Glad I am not the only one :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Have to stop myself from saying anything, but it's hard !

tulip0803
07-11-2008, 04:48 PM
I just do one colour at a time - otherwise you end up with poo coloured playdough:laughing:

louised
07-11-2008, 05:19 PM
I agree, I only let the younger ones have one colour at a time, when they are older and realise that it's not a good idea to mix them up then they can have all the colours

Chimps Childminding
07-11-2008, 06:01 PM
I'm the same with paint!!!!!!!!!!! drives me mad when they use a brush in a different colour without washing it first!!!!!!:panic:

Mollymop
07-11-2008, 06:07 PM
I am exactly the same too!!!!

Playdoh goes a horrid grey colour when it's all mixed up!

Trouble
07-11-2008, 06:08 PM
do you think we all need to get out more:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

madasahatter
07-11-2008, 06:18 PM
Make a batch of homemade dough then it's all one colour to start with;)
Have to be honest I've only bought the commercially available playdoh once and thought it was far too expensive for what you get (compared to the pennies it costs to make a huge batch of homemade)

kindredspirits
07-11-2008, 06:31 PM
i am going to make it next time... when i used to play with them when i only had 1 after schooler it stayed all neat - now its like i've got 10 tubs of multicoloured!!! :blush:
ah well, they enjoy themselves... if i repeat it enough i might feel it! lol

Twinkles
07-11-2008, 07:46 PM
I know just what you mean. I'm such a virgo :blush: I hate things not being neat ( you wouldn't think it to look at my house :D ) But I try really hard not to intervene after all it's their play not mine.
If I've hown them a craft activity and they do it 'wrong' it takes all my willpower not to say something or put it 'right'.

RainbowMum
07-11-2008, 09:48 PM
I now make my own but bfore I would only give them 2 or 3 colours that would blen nicely - blue/yellow/green Red/yellow/orange etc. Home made dough is so much nicer and you can make it smell nice with lemon oil etc:)