PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Pre-Registration Inspection

Pedagog
07-11-2008, 02:31 PM
Well just had my Pre-pre-registration inspection from the local early years team, so I now finally have my ofsted registration forms, just spent the last hour or so filling my EY form in, and Hubby & Sons EY2 forms and of course the medical declaration form.

Brain now fried.

Minstrel
07-11-2008, 02:38 PM
Well your one up on me!

I have my ICP exam on tuesday and already have the ofsted forms but just not got round to filling them out- they look so daunting!

I dont think we get a visit from our early years team in this area, was it helpful? What sort of thing did they say?

Pedagog
07-11-2008, 03:19 PM
They had a checklist and went through my policies, made one suggestion for improvement to my safeguarding policy.

Basically just had a good chat. I wouldn't say it was exactly useful though, just necessary to get my forms.

I have my ICP exam next Friday, and First Aid Course Saturday.

Minstrel
07-11-2008, 04:58 PM
Good luck with the exam then and first aid course- i'm still yet to do mine and not looking forward to it as i have not enjoyed first aid in the past especially babies and young children. I just go to pieces with the pressure and everyone watching when you do the practicals.

Is it over 2 saturdays and how much did it cost you? I ahve been quoted £76:eek: but someone on course got it for £45.

Hebs
07-11-2008, 05:13 PM
i had my pre pre reg inspection on tuesday and still need to fill the ofsted forms out :panic:

but she said i'm ready :laughing:

singlewiththree
07-11-2008, 06:01 PM
:) I have my final ICP on Tues and my exam on Weds and ofsted coming for preinspection on 17th

Hebs
07-11-2008, 06:06 PM
Paula i have my ICP exam on thursday :panic:

singlewiththree
07-11-2008, 07:16 PM
Do you feel ready for the exam? I'm just panicking I will fluff it all on the night.

Hebs
07-11-2008, 07:41 PM
omg no way lol

are you not on MSN?? :laughing:

Peppa
09-11-2008, 08:13 PM
Do you feel ready for the exam? I'm just panicking I will fluff it all on the night.

EXAM? :panic:

I dont have my ICP till 22nd this month, then next two saturdays. Not sure what it involves but didn't realise that it had an exam. I do crack under pressure! Not very good at exams. What does the course involve?

As for being watched at the 1st aid course, that does bother me to. I dont like getting up in front of a crowd.

I really want to do this, but after reading someones post on the pre reg, about everything they have done i'm like wow i haven't got nowhere as near much stuff ready. I have some policys, just wondering which order to put them in. Need to do something about me, and well i need to do risk accessments but not sure what forms i should be using.

I need to lie down! Does the icp talk you through all of this?

Donna

Hebs
09-11-2008, 08:39 PM
Hi Donna

you'll be fine and you get lots of info from the ICP course

:clapping:

good luck hun

Pedagog
10-11-2008, 10:34 AM
Good luck with the exam then and first aid course- I'm still yet to do mine and not looking forward to it as i have not enjoyed first aid in the past especially babies and young children. I just go to pieces with the pressure and everyone watching when you do the practicals.

Is it over 2 Saturdays and how much did it cost you? I have been quoted £76:eek: but someone on course got it for £45.

My First Aid is two Saturdays and is costing £10.40, but I get that back from the Early Years department once I register. £76 is disgusting, have you asked your childminder development officer if they have any subsidised schemes.

Minstrel
10-11-2008, 06:50 PM
Yes unfortunatly funding has been cut so we all have to do it on our own direct with Red Cross or St johns or whoever. And we dont get it back either.

You are very lucky!