PDA

View Full Version : Would you put this in incident book

lissy
07-11-2008, 02:20 PM
In the playground this morning one of my younger mindees (3) was playing with a group of boys and i just happened to look over to where they were as i saw him hitting another one of my mindees (6) about 4 times around the face. The older one was crying by the time i got to him and i spoke to the younger one and asked why he had hit him, he said they were playing baddies! I explained that it was not nice and that he had hurt **** and to say sorry.

Would you put this in your incident book, i was unsure as it happened between 2 of my mindees.

About an hour later at a soft play centre the younger one jumped into the ball pit on top of a little girls head and hurt her, again made him say sorry and explained that he had to be careful.
Would you put this in??

Not sure if im being over cautious as have had problem inthe past with this mindee being agressive (not recently though)

Thanks

OrlandoBelle
07-11-2008, 02:23 PM
As it is an "incident", I would put it in. You may need to refer back to it if you continue to monitor his behaviour to see if it is getting any better.

I'm not registered yet though, so perhaps a registered minder can give you better advice. x

Minstrel
07-11-2008, 02:32 PM
I think that if the mindee drew blood or left a mark then i would but if its just essentially a scrap then your book might become very full of you wrote every incident down.

However as part of an ongoing observation on the child i would write it down somehwre in his file to keep a record of all his aggressive instances x

sarah707
07-11-2008, 03:38 PM
I write every incident down ... you can spot a pattern developing much easier.

Maybe they happen after a bad night's sleep or when hungry or after a busy morning etc...

Or sometimes it's linked to something that's happening at home and by asking parents to sign your incident report, it will remind them to tell you.

I hope he comes through it soon xx

Rubybubbles
07-11-2008, 04:38 PM
I write every incident down ... you can spot a pattern developing much easier.

Maybe they happen after a bad night's sleep or when hungry or after a busy morning etc...

Or sometimes it's linked to something that's happening at home and by asking parents to sign your incident report, it will remind them to tell you.

I hope he comes through it soon xx

ditto:D .

Pauline
07-11-2008, 04:53 PM
Yep I'd write it down too, if brusing developed or the child told a parent at least you have details of what happened.

miss muffit
07-11-2008, 05:00 PM
i agree with the others

i would write it down and get the parent to sign,

lissy
07-11-2008, 10:54 PM
Thank you will do :)