PDA

View Full Version : Need to get my dd to hospital!

Mollymop
07-11-2008, 02:03 PM
School scared the hell out of me! Head teacher rang me to tell me caitlin had falling at lunchtime and hit her lip on the table and it looks quite bad they needed me to see if i wanted to take her to hospital.

So took my mindee with me up the school - found that caitlin has a gash where the lip is connected to the gums (inside of mouth) - it has been bleeding quite badly and looks as though it is torn away

She is ok in herself but finds it difficult to talk.

On the way home I cancelled all the mindees for this afternoon all but the baby I have all day.

I couldn't get hold of the parents!

Dad is unemployed and lives a few doors away, so I knocked, i phoned, i phoned mum over and over.

Mum works at hairdressing college, so rang the college direct.

Spoke to Mum - Mum said she would ring dad herself - 5 mins later Dad is at the door!!!

Thank goodness.

Now got to wait 15 mins for mum to get home to take me to the hospital cos I don't drive and Darren is off but he has gone to city to screwfix.:rolleyes:

DOn't worry though, she is ok in herself and it has stopped bleeding so much. She is being so brave

But this episode made me realise how imprtant emergency contact numbers are and why parents need to be available for contact at all times.

sarah707
07-11-2008, 02:06 PM
Oh poor Caitlin! I hope she's ok xx

loocyloo
07-11-2008, 02:07 PM
i hope your dd is ok.

xxx
parents!

deeb66
07-11-2008, 02:07 PM
Oh my goodness.

I hope she is ok.

Sounds like you now have everything under control.

Let us know how she gets on

Love & Hugs

Dee
xx

mum22
07-11-2008, 02:09 PM
Oh bless her, give her a big cuddle for being so brave, hope she feels bit better.

sue m
07-11-2008, 02:12 PM
They scare you to death don't they and lips bleed such a lot. You know I'm in, as you were here this morning lol, you should have just brought L to me, I'd have had her while you went to school to get Caitlin. We go all in a panic though don't we when our kids are hurt. I'm your emergency back up childminder - use me! LOL x x x

emler
07-11-2008, 02:13 PM
Oh poor wee soul. She sounds like she is being very brave though - sending hugs to Caitlin xx

Mollymop
07-11-2008, 02:19 PM
They scare you to death don't they and lips bleed such a lot. You know I'm in, as you were here this morning lol, you should have just brought L to me, I'd have had her while you went to school to get Caitlin. We go all in a panic though don't we when our kids are hurt. I'm your emergency back up childminder - use me! LOL x x x

DOn't worry!! I did think of you. But I had to see if it was bad enough for hospital treatment - so I could have sent her back to class. The teachers said docs and I was thinking it too.
I was thinking of calling you if I couldn't get through to parents after 2pm - luckily I did - at last:rolleyes:

Monkey1
07-11-2008, 04:02 PM
Hope Caitlins ok hun x

Pipsqueak
07-11-2008, 04:13 PM
Poor Caitlin - hope she is ok

tomthumb
07-11-2008, 04:19 PM
Hope she is ok, it does make you realise how important emergency cover is!!

Lots of kisses for the brave little girl!!

Elodie X

kindredspirits
07-11-2008, 04:23 PM
i don't want to run away with the post - but if you have an emergency contact childminder, who is full - can you still leave kids with them??? i haven't got round to getting a back up minder yet, but with the way george is getting accident prone i think i should - all minders near me are full tho !:rolleyes:

hope your dd is feeling better xxx
anna x

Blaze
07-11-2008, 04:38 PM
Yes you can go over numbers in an emergency...OFSTED & insurance company need to be informed though.:)

Hugs to Caitin. xxx

Mollymop
07-11-2008, 06:15 PM
Thanks all! xx

Took her over there, she went straight in as there was no waiting (:eek: ) but was told there is nothing they can do with it!

So got home and phone my after schoolers dad and told him to drop mindee to me for the last 2 hours.

She is ok, and brave - pity she can't talk very well though. Bless.

Twinkles
07-11-2008, 06:37 PM
Glad to hear she's ok :thumbsup:

Minstrel
07-11-2008, 06:52 PM
Hope it heals quickly for the poor lamb!

(enjoy the peace tho!):)

LOOPYLISA
07-11-2008, 06:54 PM
Oh bless her, hope shes ok ?, its so scarey getting that call, lots of love x

Spangles
07-11-2008, 07:08 PM
Bless her heart, that must be horrible for her.

Glad that she will be okay. Hope it heals quickly.

x

sue m
07-11-2008, 07:43 PM
Glad she's not too bad Sandra. did you have to go all the way to Peterborough hospital? I've lived here over 4 years and wouldn't know where to go for A&E!!! x x

Mollymop
07-11-2008, 09:35 PM
Glad she's not too bad Sandra. did you have to go all the way to Peterborough hospital? I've lived here over 4 years and wouldn't know where to go for A&E!!! x x

hehe! No, I have my mumma! where would i be without her, she know everything about A&E's

I went to Doddington, cos now you can;t just go to your docs and see a nurse, you ahve to go to DOddington!!

I know all about Peterborough A&E - when Darren was almost killed in his damn motorbike accident when Caitlin was only 9 days old. Things like that stay in your mind for some funny reason:rolleyes: :laughing:

miffy
07-11-2008, 09:39 PM
Sounds like you've had quite a day

Pleased Caitlin is OK - hope she can talk tomorrow

Miffy xx

angeldelight
08-11-2008, 12:41 AM
Only just catching up Sandra

Hope things are ok now and the mouth is healing

Angel xx

Blaze
08-11-2008, 03:30 AM
Glad she's ok.:)

LisaMarie
08-11-2008, 11:32 PM
glad to hear your DD is fine, kids like scaring us dont they ;)