PDA

View Full Version : assistants and sole charge

jacky
07-11-2008, 01:53 PM
am new to this so not sure where to put this but for thoses of you on the trail of clarification regarding assistants and sole charge this is the latest ive had from ofsted.

as our certificates ran out on 1st sept 08 we were sent a deeming letter. if the info on the deeming letter is the same as on our certificate ie: may at times agreed and confirmed in writing with parents can leave an assistant in sole charge of the children ,then we can continue to do so as the deeming letter is a legal document. if however it says the above with children on the early years register (under 5) then we cant leave the assisatant in sole chrge. bit confusing i know :rolleyes:

am still waiting for a reply to my email but will keep you posted

Minstrel
07-11-2008, 02:22 PM
Thanks! Clear as mud yet again!

(Ofsted, not you!)

Chatterbox Childcare
07-11-2008, 04:37 PM
The EYFS states that an assistant who has been through the process of CRB checks and Ofsted acceptance may be left in sold charge of children under the EYFS if they have a paediatric first aid certificate and are aged over 17.

Any assistant on the voluntary register cannot be left in sole charge. This is because the DCSF have put it through law and therefore it is hard to even get on the agenda to change.

Pauline
07-11-2008, 08:14 PM
Any assistant on the voluntary register cannot be left in sole charge. This is because the DCSF have put it through law and therefore it is hard to even get on the agenda to change.

but if I refer you to my earlier post, this is now in the process of being changed. :)