PDA

View Full Version : Weekend Minding

janiefear
07-11-2008, 12:47 PM
Hi there, hope I'm posting this in the right place, apologies if not. I have been approached about doing some occasional weekend minding for two children already on my role. Will I be expected to deliver EYFS for these children on the weekends or can we just relax and chill out together (like I do with my own kids at the weekends).

Pipsqueak
07-11-2008, 12:57 PM
Good question (sorry I don't know the answer though!)

miss mopple
07-11-2008, 12:58 PM
I will be doing some occasional weekend minding for a little one who starts at the end of nov. He will be with me during the week too, so my planning will be followed in the week as I have already explained to his parents that weekends are family time and he will have to join in with whatever we do.

Of course if he does something worthy of a post it over the weekend I will still note it down :D

Hebs
07-11-2008, 01:55 PM
oooooooooh never thought of that :thumbsup:

i have 2 mindees lined up ready for me registering that will be weekend care

Schnakes
07-11-2008, 01:59 PM
I mind every Saturday and have done since I started. I love the little girl to bits but it becomes quite intrusive sometimes as Im always saying "I cant do x - Im minding".

As for the activities, Im afraid that normal things like shopping do get done on a Sat but I do try to balance the boring with the fun...so we will go and feed the ducks afterwards, or go to a park or a museum in town or the library. I wouldnt do TOTALLY normal stuff like housework, decorating etc. It wouldnt be fair on the litt'lun.

Sx

cloud9
07-11-2008, 02:02 PM
I dont think it matters what day of the week or weekend it is we still have to treat it like a normal minding day