PDA

View Full Version : i've heard everything now!!!!!

sarahstanbridge
07-11-2008, 11:14 AM
hello,

i had a couple to see me last week about looking after their baby from feb next year.

they were honest and said that they were looking at nurseries as well anyway they phones me last night to tell me that they have desided to go with the nursey because wait for it
.............. Because i have 4 weeks holiday a year.............
they wanted to choose my holiday dates for me to have not me say well i have a week in may 2 in august and 1 in october every year.

i could beleive it. never had that one before. they like me just not ,y 4 weeks holiday

yummymummy
07-11-2008, 11:20 AM
Nothing surprises me these days! I once had a couple give notice because I took a holiday after giving them 3 months notice of it! Anyone with common sense would realise they pay a nursery all year but if they coordinate their holidays with a childminders they get "free" weeks or at least that is what my canny parents do!!!!!

deeb66
07-11-2008, 11:28 AM
Have to say that this doesn't surprise me at all.

I have been told a similar sort of thing in the past :(

On a good note I have also learned that these sort of people usually end up being nothing but trouble so you are much better off without them iyswim.

sarah707
07-11-2008, 12:10 PM
Sarah! I'm shocked at you! :eek:

How could you suggest you wanted to take holidays???? :panic:

I bet you were asking for fees as well weren't you?!? :eek:

Goodness now, come on ... get a grip!

We do it 365 days a year for love, we all know that :laughing:

sarahstanbridge
07-11-2008, 12:41 PM
they wanted 11.30 - 4.00 every day so i bet a nursery will charge for a whole day.

im not that bothered really. they came over a bit strange really. only time dad spoke was to ask what happens if it rains (i have a typical day plan in my file which says walk dog ) so i said " i get wet" the children stay nice and dry haha. he just looked at me!!!!

sarahstanbridge
07-11-2008, 12:44 PM
Sarah! I'm shocked at you! :eek:

How could you suggest you wanted to take holidays???? :panic:

I bet you were asking for fees as well weren't you?!? :eek:

Goodness now, come on ... get a grip!

We do it 365 days a year for love, we all know that :laughing:

take holidays how cheeky i am! i dont even charge for them how silly! i do this for love. its not a job. maybe mum in law is right maybe i am only a babysitter and its not proper job is it!!:eek: thanks for putting me right sarah:rolleyes:

cherry
07-11-2008, 01:21 PM
I've had that happen.

My friend decided after their child was born that because I had holidays and they would have to find childcare that they would send their son to a nursery.

Now the son is at school and can be sent to grandparents when I have my holidays they're using me for after school care :mad:

Ripeberry
07-11-2008, 02:09 PM
This is the main reason i'm going to be offering term-time only. My DH likes to have familly time and he would not be happy at all being dictated to be someone else as to when we could take our holidays.
Also around here there are lots of holiday clubs and they are really cheap so i can't even begin to compete against them:(