PDA

View Full Version : Childcare Vouchers & Tax Credits

Flowerpot
07-11-2008, 09:06 AM
Hi there
I'm still in the pre-reg stage and I'm trying to work out the implications for childminders of working tax credit / childcare vouchers - can anyone explain what I would need to do if a parent approached me who wanted to claim either of these?
I'm sure it's probably quite simple, but it's a question that hasn't been answered by any of the training I've been on - including managing your business :rolleyes:
Thanks
Flowerpot
x

sarah707
07-11-2008, 09:22 AM
Tax credits - the parent sorts these out. They can get more information about whether they are eligible to claim here -

http://payingforchildcare.org.uk/

Vouchers - parent would give you the details and you would register with the company. They are a tax efficient way for the parent to pay you. All you need to do at this stage is make it clear to parents that you are happy to accept them.

Hth :D

Ripeberry
07-11-2008, 10:04 AM
Hi, i'm looking into childcare vouchers for our pre-school as a new mum approached us wanting to use "Busy Bees" vouchers.
It's very easy to set up on-line, you just need to also show a copy of your Ofsted or equivalent certificate, give your bank details and name and address of parent and you get payment straight into your account. Great way of doing it!
www.busybeesvouchers.com
:clapping:

Flowerpot
07-11-2008, 10:46 AM
Great - I thought it would probably be quite straightforward, but trying to get useful information like this out of my local authority is like pulling teeth!! :eek:
Thanks for your help!