PDA

View Full Version : Hi, what do you all put in your parent packs????

Adiamond
06-11-2008, 02:19 PM
Hi everyone, sorry I keep reading these threads and then get all these questions to ask you experts,anyway just read a thread from a while back and It said to get on with making my parent packs.........and I was wandering what things need to be in these or what do u all put in yours??? Any help PLEASE...xxxxxxx:(

singlewiththree
06-11-2008, 02:35 PM
I cant help with this but I'm interested in hearing the responses too. All I have so far is a CD with the policies in, a questionnaire on their child likes and dislikes and the permission slips.

Bex1
06-11-2008, 02:43 PM
Hello, in my parent pack it has the following:

Introduction about me and my family.
The benefits of a child minder
My home and facilities
A bit about "what registration means" and what we have to do to become registered child minders
A bit about my Holidays and a list of bank holidays
Routine
Menu
Then I have all my policies under the 5 outcomes of ECM

It will be about 100 pages by the time I have slotted in all the policies and procedures!

I was lucky enough to be at a first aid course with a lady who had been childminding for a year and she brough in her 'parent pack' and let us have a read and that is where I got my inspiration from! She also picked up from a website about ways to praise a child and adapted that, which I thought was very clever!

Hope that helps :)

mummyroysof3
06-11-2008, 02:59 PM
hi, im a bit confused(as usual) if its about 100 pages long surley we cant be expected to give this to every parent that visits then says they will get back to us

i was planning on having a big folder like that as my porfolio that stays here for parents to veiw at anytime but what would i give them then to look at while they decide to use me or not without wasting all that paper ink etc everytime

charlotte x

Adiamond
06-11-2008, 03:33 PM
Portfolio??????? Parent pack???????
Even more confused now!!!
What do you put in your portfolio???
I want to present each of my parents with a parent pack,what would you suggest is the best folder type to use? (I know that's a really strange question!!!) but I want things to be nice and neat and tidy.....
Thanks xxxx:(

sarah707
06-11-2008, 03:54 PM
My portfolio is my book of words about me and everything I do.

I put it together in the order of the Every Child Matters agenda and keep it updated regularly.

My welcome booklet tells parents what I do, how I do it and is for them to take home - it is about 4 pages long.

My policies and procedures file is in a folder and parents can access it any time they want. They sign to say they have read and understood them.

Hth :D

Bex1
06-11-2008, 03:54 PM
Sorry I was exagerating when I said 100 pages :blush: i just feel its like that at the moment with all the typing I am doing!

I dont think you have to do a parent pack with all policies etc in it, its just I am a worrier and I want piece of mind that my parents will have all the policies and procedures at home in the parent pack, so there will never be any confusion!

I am probably making hard work for myself but I am doing it for my peace of mind!

Bex

melanieabigail2004
06-11-2008, 05:30 PM
I have a portfolio which includes my policies, all relevant certificates and amongst other things. I've attached the front cover of my parents' welcome pack so you can see what I give them. This only gets handed out if contracts are being signed otherwise its just a copy of my policies for enquiries.

Mel

Adiamond
06-11-2008, 06:06 PM
Thank you that has really helped. xx:clapping:

FizzysFriends
13-12-2008, 10:39 AM
Is there a website that you got the information for Why chose a childminder?

balloon
13-12-2008, 12:37 PM
I spent ages doing parent packs for my parents. They include almost all the info a parent needs to know about my setting, only things that are subject to change are on the parent notice board instead...

Not so long ago one of the parents came to me with yet another question that is answered in the parent pack. I replied with a smile on my face and then added, it does say this in the parent pack. Her reply? ... "Oh yes, I really ought to read that didn't I?" :eek: Someone care to tell me what the point is? :rolleyes:

tulip0803
13-12-2008, 02:20 PM
Is there a website that you got the information for Why chose a childminder?

http://www.*************/MainWebSite/ContentPage7d5c2a8707877bd4.aspx?Map=596C31DA864E6 70BF297D0506A0861E6

The NCMA website. on the left of the screen is a little menu with what is a childminder, what are the benefits etc:)

buildingblocks
19-12-2008, 12:17 PM
Her reply? ... "Oh yes, I really ought to read that didn't I?" :eek: Someone care to tell me what the point is? :rolleyes:

The reason I do most of my stuff is evidence for Ofsted that i do it and that I try towork with parents. Probably the reason my paretns hate me at the moment as they have to actually read stuff I do now instead of pretending I do

jeanybeany
19-12-2008, 08:20 PM
Sorry I was exagerating when I said 100 pages :blush: i just feel its like that at the moment with all the typing I am doing!

I dont think you have to do a parent pack with all policies etc in it, its just I am a worrier and I want piece of mind that my parents will have all the policies and procedures at home in the parent pack, so there will never be any confusion!

I am probably making hard work for myself but I am doing it for my peace of mind!

Bex

I too do this, my parents get a copy of all my policies and sign to say they have read and understood them. It is alot of photocopying though, so I am considering putting it all on disk. More work for me..................

Jeanybeany