PDA

View Full Version : A dilemma i'm very happy to have !!

Malark
06-11-2008, 10:58 AM
Hi everyone, bit of advice please.

I have someone coming to see me tonight for a second visit about having 2 mindees. It is the first interest i have had since starting minding in Sept. Although i do have 1 mindee part time for a friend. Anyway, this parent is looking for something long term and seems very concerned about making the right decision about minder etc.

Now for the tricky bit, after 5 years of trying and 3 failed IVF's i found out yesterday I AM PREGNANT :clapping: :laughing: :clapping: :jump for joy: !!!

I really feel i should tell her i cannot commit long term ( i do want to have 6 mths maternity leave) but don't want to tell her i'm pregnant. Obviously it's very early days and don't want her to tell other minders that im preg that i know who she will speak with. What should i tell her !!!

sarah707
06-11-2008, 11:01 AM
Tricky one...

I wonder if it would be worth testing the water by asking her how she'd feel if you took 6 months maternity at some point in the future...

That way you'd be able to make an informed decision for when you've had your 12 week scan and you're ready to announce it to everyone.

Congratulations!! :clapping:

Raggydolls
06-11-2008, 11:06 AM
oh my goodness hun, if u have been trying for that long then i would certainly not be working, i wud concentrate on being as healthy as possible and not stressing myself out at all, i for one know how hard it can be being pregnant and working and worrying that something maybe wrong with baby and its been the worst pregnancy for me and i wish i cud have given up work sooner

i wish u the very best for your pregnancy and your decision

leanne
xx

Bevbeetle
06-11-2008, 11:07 AM
congratulations:clapping: it took my sister 18yrs to have a baby so i am very happy for you
we dont have to tell parents everything its nice to keep some things to ourselves, its early days and you dont want to put any pressure on yourself just enjoy your news in private for a bit:clapping: :clapping:

katickles
06-11-2008, 11:08 AM
CONGRATULATIONS :clapping:

I took on a mindee who I will not be caring for once I have my baby. When mum came to see me I was honest & just explained that I was pregnant but it was very early days & after having some problems with previous pregnancies it was something that I wanted to keep to myself until we knew everything was fine & were ready to tell people ourselves. She was really good about it & understood my reasoning.

I did get the contract & little one will be with me until I am due my baby. Lo won't be returning afterwards as I already have one dd & because of other mindees she would take me over my numbers. Again all this was explained to mum.

I think that because of possible hospital appointments & midwife appointments etc honesty could be the best policy here, but you need to do what is best for you.

Good luck with everything & I hope you have a nice easy pregnancy x x

http://newtickers.bump-and-beyond.com/23/2318/231846.png (http://www.bump-and-beyond.com/)

Malark
06-11-2008, 05:42 PM
Thanks everyone, she has been and i was honest with her and told her the truth. She said she was going to sign up too but really wanted something long term. Have had another query again today. Why do you wait ages with nothing and then everything at once when you can't accommodate it. But as i said i'm sooo happy that i'm just going to chill and take it easy !!! :jump for joy: :D

Minnie mouse
06-11-2008, 05:56 PM
Congratulations Hun on your fab news, take it easy and enjoy xx:clapping:

Chimps Childminding
06-11-2008, 08:18 PM
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!! we tried for 9 years to have a baby, then had IVF and ended up with triplets to be warned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:laughing: :laughing:

LisaH
06-11-2008, 08:22 PM
Congratulatons thats fantastic news!! Take it easy tho:)

tulip0803
06-11-2008, 09:25 PM
Congratulations:clapping:

flora
06-11-2008, 09:42 PM
What lovely news Congratulations :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Raggydolls
06-11-2008, 09:43 PM
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!! we tried for 9 years to have a baby, then had IVF and ended up with triplets to be warned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:laughing: :laughing:

OMGoodness

imagine if that happened, it will have been a good job u didnt take on any kids!!

really wish u the best of luck, and congrats :-D

leanne
xx

Andrea08
06-11-2008, 09:57 PM
Tricky one...

I wonder if it would be worth testing the water by asking her how she'd feel if you took 6 months maternity at some point in the future...

That way you'd be able to make an informed decision for when you've had your 12 week scan and you're ready to announce it to everyone.

Congratulations!! :clapping:

:clapping: congratulations from me too ,
but as always sarah is right and also lifting children is hard work when we are fit and well ! your baby is very important too , im very happy for you and your family i wish you all the very best:laughing:

beerheaven
06-11-2008, 11:16 PM
Fantastic news about pregnancy! So pleased for you!!:)

Cazz
07-11-2008, 12:11 AM
Congratulations!! I also think that being straight with the parent would be the best thing. Concentrate on looking after yourself and your baby (or babies whichever is the case!) I had fertility treatment, but not IVF, and got pregnant with triplets but unfortunately I lost one - I have gorgeous twin boy and girl who will be 11 :panic: on Sunday and an equally gorgeous baby daughter who will be 1 in December. (Took me 7 years to get pregnant again with more treatment!)

Sorry for waffling but all I'm trying to say from experience is that when you've waited that long for a baby be selfish and think of what's best for your own family. If you don't tell her the situation from the start you may find it harder later on to give her notice and end up working longer than you intend to.

Carole x

jaz
07-11-2008, 07:23 AM
Good luck with your pregnancy

J
x

angeldelight
07-11-2008, 07:26 AM
Thanks everyone, she has been and i was honest with her and told her the truth. She said she was going to sign up too but really wanted something long term. Have had another query again today. Why do you wait ages with nothing and then everything at once when you can't accommodate it. But as i said i'm sooo happy that i'm just going to chill and take it easy !!! :jump for joy: :D

Thats great news

Good luck with your pregnancy

Angel xx

Polly2
07-11-2008, 09:14 AM
congratulations hun :clapping:

LittleMissSparkles
07-11-2008, 10:38 AM
:clapping: Congratulations to you both :clapping:

Try take things as easy as possible and rest when you can too xxx

Chimps Childminding
07-11-2008, 10:43 AM
Congratulations!! I also think that being straight with the parent would be the best thing. Concentrate on looking after yourself and your baby (or babies whichever is the case!) I had fertility treatment, but not IVF, and got pregnant with triplets but unfortunately I lost one - I have gorgeous twin boy and girl who will be 11 :panic: on Sunday and an equally gorgeous baby daughter who will be 1 in December. (Took me 7 years to get pregnant again with more treatment!)

Sorry for waffling but all I'm trying to say from experience is that when you've waited that long for a baby be selfish and think of what's best for your own family. If you don't tell her the situation from the start you may find it harder later on to give her notice and end up working longer than you intend to.

Carole x

I agree with Carole, when you have waited a long time for a baby you do not want to take any risks, think of yourself and enjoy your pregnancy!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

Spangles
07-11-2008, 11:02 AM
Congratulations! That's fantastic news!

deeb66
07-11-2008, 11:26 AM
Brilliant news.

Congratulations

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Minstrel
07-11-2008, 12:18 PM
WOW congratulations to you for your much wanted baby/ies!

I always admire the patience and determination of all the couples who wait so long for children to come along by whatever method.

You have all made me realise how lucky i am i have never had trouble falling pregnant.

Best of luck and enjoy the 9 months xxx

Malark
07-11-2008, 09:23 PM
Thanks everyone for the best wishes:D You are all right, we have waited so long for this i plan on enjoying every minute :clapping: I have decided i am going to stick with the one mindee i have 2 days a week and not take any more on. I am having to think of excuses to tell people why i am not taking any more on even though i have vacancies. I am getting good at lying :blush:

RedDragon
08-11-2008, 08:23 AM
Congratulations :clapping: