PDA

View Full Version : toilet training

marion123
06-11-2008, 10:39 AM
please help ive got a mindee who is 2 1/2yrs old her mum started toilet training her and she told me she always asks to go but not at my house (i am now a mind reader) ive done a chart for when she asked but she just will not ask once i sit her on the toilet she goes after her screaming the place done please can i have some advice thanks:panic:

Raggydolls
06-11-2008, 10:51 AM
do u sit this child on a potty, or the toilet (a toilet trainer seat)?? i found that they may be asking at home but at my house they are far more interested in playing than asking to go to the toilet which in my eyes means they are not quite ready yet, my parent really pushed me to potty train her little one at this age and it took months becasue she just didnt want to go at mine and was always having accidents and poos were just a nono until long after she was having wees on the potty

sorry i cant help more and good luck with it

leanne
xx

marion123
06-11-2008, 11:03 AM
she doesnt like the potty doesnt use it at home she has a toilet seat at home and we have the same one here i dont think she is ready but mum thinks she is when i ask her if she need a wee its always no then she starts holding her self so we put her on the toilet then the screams let out its not fair on the other kids as they get upset and i dont want them to be affaid of the toilet:panic:

sarah707
06-11-2008, 11:04 AM
You work with the parents... not the other way round.

Do you have a policy? If not write one... say that the child needs to be trained at home over a week off / holiday etc and generally reliable although you understand there might be the odd accident. Then you will back it up at your house.

Good luck!

marion123
06-11-2008, 11:11 AM
yeah i told them once they start at home i will carry on i have policies on toilet training and mum was fine with that i have never had a child scream when she goes on the toilet/potty in all my years as being a childminder which is 15yr i just canrtunderstand it as when she does do a wee i praise her and we put stickers on her chart its strange

sue m
06-11-2008, 11:35 AM
Same as my 2 and three quarter little boy mindee, he's just not ready.