PDA

View Full Version : chickenpox

disney
06-11-2008, 10:01 AM
my grandson has got chickenpots is it ok for me to still have my minded children if they have already had it ? if the parents are happy with this and also is it ok if a child has not had it and mum says its ok ? and the last question would you pay back the money for a child that did not come as it is my grandson who as the pox ? thanks very much x:)

mrsb
06-11-2008, 10:45 AM
I accept children with it, who have had it and who haven't all at the same time lol. I get parents just to sign a nite to say they are aware that there is chicken pox at the setting and are happy for their children to still attend.

I wouldn't actually pay money back to parents, at the end of the day, you are open for business, it would be their decision not to send children ;)

Hope your grendson is not too poorly with it :)

Bevbeetle
06-11-2008, 11:08 AM
2yrs ago all my mindees came out with it all together so i kept minding

Minstrel
06-11-2008, 12:05 PM
Personally (and sorry to disagree) but as a parent i would not be happy to pay if i had chosen not to send my child to a setting where contagious children are present.

My own boys only had it last week and we stayed in all week until it had gone.

I know all/most children can get it any time but it has been really serious and sometimes fatal for some children and i would respect a parents wishes if they did not wish to send them when i have a contagious child, so i wouldnt charge them.

hope your grandson feels better soon x

jmoff
06-11-2008, 02:10 PM
I would not expect the parents to pay either.

Hope your grandson doesnt feel too poorly!

Jx

bubbly
06-11-2008, 02:11 PM
I had chickenpox myself in April and was very ill. However, my doc said it was ok for the children to come whether they'd had it or not, as it's best to catch it early in life. Not that I was capable of looking after anyone because I was in total agony! I didn't charge because I wasn't well enough to work but if I had been and the parents decided NOT to send their kids, I personally wouldn't have charged.

Raggydolls
06-11-2008, 04:16 PM
i have a child in my setting that has had a transplant and cannot be around any type of chickenpox virus so i know if i was minding another child with chickenpox then this boy couldnt come to my setting and i wud not expect the parent to pay

leanne
xx

PixiePetal
06-11-2008, 05:22 PM
I would give them the choice of coming or not and not charge if they decided to stay away. Some may not want it because they are going on hols or pregnant.

disney
07-11-2008, 08:32 AM
thanks every one i have decided not to charge for parents who wish to keep them at home :) but will not be taking them into my setting if they have it as it does state this in my policys and also my grandson is very poorly with it ( being sick , high temp , crying not sleeping he has them in his mouth:littleangel: ) and so i would not want to look after a sick child but i will charge if they fall ill is this is also in my policy x