PDA

View Full Version : Twins!

Helpinghands
05-11-2008, 09:48 PM
Hi everyone!

Sorry I know these kind of questions have been asked before, but I have a parent visit this week with twins and am very much needing some work so don't want to mess this up!

Any advice very greatly appreciated

Im feeling semi-confident but was wondering what special touches I could make to make it extra special?

miffy
05-11-2008, 09:51 PM
Just be yourself :)

You don't say how old the twins are but I would have a few suitable toys out for them and then play/ talk to them while mum looks through your paperwork

Good luck - hope it goes well for you

Miffy xx

Helpinghands
05-11-2008, 09:57 PM
Thankyou Miffy, they are 9 months at the mo and I know she is visiting a reputable CM in my village.

Helpinghands
05-11-2008, 10:01 PM
Being me is a little risky too!

Definition of me:
Loss of confidence
Say the wrong things
Show my nerves
Manages to fall over thin air
Breaks everything :laughing:

I'm not that bad really :blush:

Chatterbox Childcare
05-11-2008, 10:01 PM
Good luck with this one.

If the other "reputable" childminder has 2 under 5 vacancies then she cannot be that busy.

Be yourself and you'll get it hands down.

Helpinghands
05-11-2008, 10:03 PM
I did think that myself,however she has an assitant and the last baby that came to visit...she got :angry:

miffy
05-11-2008, 10:04 PM
Oh yummy - two babies!

One of my first childminding jobs was for twins who were 9months younger than my ds - it was hard work but I loved it.

Will keep my fingers crossed for you.

Miffy xx

miffy
05-11-2008, 10:05 PM
Being me is a little risky too!

Definition of me:
Loss of confidence
Say the wrong things
Show my nerves
Manages to fall over thin air
Breaks everything :laughing:

I'm not that bad really :blush:

Not everyone likes perfection :laughing:

Miffy xx

Helpinghands
05-11-2008, 10:07 PM
Thankyou..I will just be me. Fingers crossed! :)

beerheaven
05-11-2008, 11:00 PM
Best of luck with the visit. Sending you lots of positive vibes - go girl!! :)

juliesfabfour
05-11-2008, 11:10 PM
Good luck - have faith in yourself and believe that you are as good as the next childminder! Just be happy and lots of smiles and interaction with the babies, let the parent(s) look through your paperwork and welcome any questions. Tell them how adorable their children are (it never fails!) and how much you would love to look after them. Above all make them feel welcome and 'at home' with you - I do all this and it never lets me down :D

Fingers crossed - let us all know :thumbsup:
Julie x

Helpinghands
05-11-2008, 11:41 PM
Great advice! Thanks Julie. I will do just that :) I'm feeling quite confident now as I have everything in place.

angeldelight
06-11-2008, 07:28 AM
Thats great hope you get the job

I mind twins they are 7 now and they have been with me since they were 3 they are great fun but no different to any other child

Go with the flow and be yourself and im sure you will do just fine

Good luck

Angel xx

Cazz
06-11-2008, 11:22 PM
My advice on one thing NOT to say: "Double the trouble!".

If I had a fiver for everytime someone has said that to me since I had my twins then I'd probably be on a beach in the caribbean now!

Thinking about it, it probably wouldn't be the best comment for a prospective childminder to make anyway! :laughing:

You could mention to the parent that although they are twins you would treat them as individuals with their own needs & interests (and don't refer to them as "the twins" - I hate that myself!)

Good luck, I'm sure you'll be fine! Let us know how it goes!

Carole x

Helpinghands
07-11-2008, 07:39 AM
Thanks Carole, Its good to hear advice from the otherside aswell.

Cheers for the heads up! :)