PDA

View Full Version : Another enquiry

Hebs
05-11-2008, 12:08 PM
i have had another enquiry for after school care for 2 brothers, aged 4 and 6
:clapping:

when i was filling out the forms for ofsted it asked me how many i wanted, do i need to change this now??

Chatterbox Childcare
05-11-2008, 12:11 PM
Sorry didn't quite understand what numbers you asked for.

Depending on the numbers you have of you own you can have up to

6 under 8 of which 3 can be under 5 and include 1 under 1 (you own children must be removed from these numbers too).

If you have asked for less then you will need to increase it but this can take up to 6 weeks, so I would ring Ofsted and ask what you have been given.

Hope that helps

Hebs
05-11-2008, 12:16 PM
hiya

i have 2 kids of my own aged 12 and almost 9 so they don't count :clapping:

i still have the forms here so do i change it on my form? as i had said 2 between 5 and 8 but it might be 3 now and 2 over 8's

so in theory i might have

1 aged 18 months
1 aged almost 5 (he's in full time school)
2 almost 7 yr olds
1 aged 9 1 aged 10

singlewiththree
05-11-2008, 12:18 PM
Ofsted rang me and asked me how many children I wanted to care for. I said I'm sorry but arent you supposed to decide that as per ratios. The person on the phone went " er... yeah we are dont know why its on the form but we have to put something in the box" I said we seeing as I have 2 children under 5yrs then I can only have 1 in the day at the moment and then children after school/holiday, they said "ok I will put that in then" :rolleyes:

I wouldnt bother informing them Hebs as you havent had your ofsted preinspection yet so you could tell them then.

berkschick
05-11-2008, 12:20 PM
I would ask for the full amount you are allowed which is as Debbie posted above.

Doesnt matter if you dont fill the spaces but you are able to if you want too.

Chatterbox Childcare
05-11-2008, 12:40 PM
hiya

i have 2 kids of my own aged 12 and almost 9 so they don't count :clapping:

i still have the forms here so do i change it on my form? as i had said 2 between 5 and 8 but it might be 3 now and 2 over 8's

so in theory i might have

1 aged 18 months
1 aged almost 5 (he's in full time school)
2 almost 7 yr olds
1 aged 9 1 aged 10

I would ask for the full compliment of 6 under 8 and have the choice.

Hebs
05-11-2008, 12:41 PM
ok thanks

have changed it on the form :thumbsup: