PDA

View Full Version : Variation??

Mags
05-11-2008, 11:16 AM
Hi everyone,

i have been asked if one of my part time lo's can go full time starting next month.
The problem is that it would mean i had two children under one year old on Mon and Tues for 5 hours each day.
I have read posts some time ago regarding variations.....but, not sure what they really mean or even how to go about it. Can anyone advise?

Oh, both babies are only 5mths old...would that be seen as a problem??

Pedagog
05-11-2008, 01:05 PM
You can ask, the worst is that they refuse. Not much help I know, sorry.

Chatterbox Childcare
05-11-2008, 01:18 PM
I don't see it as a problem. You are not asking to go over the 6 under 8 and it is continuity of care.

Give Ofsted a ring 08456 404040 and they will tell you what they need which basically is a letter outlining what you would like and why.

I think the 1 under 1 was added as a provision on our certificates when Ofsted took over and they do give 2 under 1's.

Good luck but I don't think you will need it.

kiddiwinks
05-11-2008, 01:21 PM
Hi everyone,

i have been asked if one of my part time lo's can go full time starting next month.
The problem is that it would mean i had two children under one year old on Mon and Tues for 5 hours each day.
I have read posts some time ago regarding variations.....but, not sure what they really mean or even how to go about it. Can anyone advise?

Oh, both babies are only 5mths old...would that be seen as a problem??

I had to do this in July i had to write letter with ages of children in my care and they granted it no problem.
It took nearly 4 weeks for new certificate though and you cant mind without it.

Mags
05-11-2008, 01:22 PM
Thanks for that guy's....wasn,t sure if it had to be a written request or not.

Will give them a ring now.:)

kiddiwinks
05-11-2008, 01:24 PM
Thanks for that guy's....wasn,t sure if it had to be a written request or not.

Will give them a ring now.:)

Sorry forgot to add i had to do routine with children also with there ages on each day, so they could see if i could cope.

Mags
05-11-2008, 01:58 PM
That's more or less what they have just asked for. Apply in writing including as much information as poss as to when the children will be together.

Thanks everyone!:)