PDA

View Full Version : How many children can I mind?

jools02
05-11-2008, 10:43 AM
Hi all. I'm just filling in my application forms for Ofsted and there is a part which asks me to specify the number of children I will care for in the following age ranges:

Birth to one year:
1 year to end of early years age group:

I'm not sure what to put here because my 4 year old son is at reception (from Mon - Fri - half days only but he will prob start doing full days in either Jan or April) and I have a 6 month old daughter. Am I right in thinking that I can only have one child under one year old so in the 'Birth to one year' column I assume I would enter 0? Is this right? And what would I put in the other column.

Can anyone help me out please?

sarah707
05-11-2008, 10:47 AM
Hi all. I'm just filling in my application forms for Ofsted and there is a part which asks me to specify the number of children I will care for in the following age ranges:

Birth to one year:
1 year to end of early years age group:

I'm not sure what to put here because my 4 year old son is at reception (from Mon - Fri - half days only but he will prob start doing full days in either Jan or April)

1 under 5 until your son is in full time school (10 sessions a week). When he's in school, you will have to apply for a new certificate.

and I have a 6 month old daughter.

One under 1... so yes that place is taken up by your daughter

Hope this helps!

jools02
05-11-2008, 03:17 PM
That's great, thanks. So just to clarify; when my son is in full time school I an have two mindees under 5 (and my daughter). But what happens when DS comes home at 3.30pm? I would be over my numbers, or do they alow for this? Sorry for all the questions, just want to get it straight in my head.

Pauline
05-11-2008, 03:31 PM
They allow for that so don't worry.

Put down the numbers Sarah has suggested, but how many children you can have is also affected by the size of your house and the space/child ratio but it would be unusual for them to reduce your numbers :)

angeldelight
08-11-2008, 12:05 AM
Good Luck

Angel xx