PDA

View Full Version : Haven't been paid yet help

TRACEY1969
04-11-2008, 03:46 PM
I have been childminding for 3 years for this young person who goes to college. Care to Learn pay for her childcare so i put a new application in September (last payment was August).Care to Learn have sent the form back to this parent twice as she hasn't filled it in correctly, all she needs to do is tick that she is a UK resident. I have just learnt that she has been removed from college and not allowed back there so as from today childcare is no longer. I have spoken to her regarding the form but she is so laid back she doesn't care. What can i do. I have spoken to Care to Learn and they really do need this box tick or i don't get paid. Does anyone have any suggestions, as i am owed a large sum of money since the begining of September.

crazybones
04-11-2008, 03:53 PM
I would contact NCMA or MM whoever you are with. This woman signed the contract so she is responsible for the fees not Care to Learn. Tell her you are taking legal advice regarding the fees and as she signed the contract she will be liable. I am sure she will soon tick the box then. :mad:

TRACEY1969
04-11-2008, 03:58 PM
I haven't done a contract as such as Care to Learn do pay not her as she is only a teenager

angeldelight
04-11-2008, 04:04 PM
I haven't done a contract as such as Care to Learn do pay not her as she is only a teenager

You really should have still had a contract

A contract is not just there for payments but for other things that also protect you or the parent

I would have had a contract for the parent and for the college to be honest but I speak from experience and have lost out in the past when I havent done that

I am not sure if the college will back date the money if the parent has been removed , how long ago was she removed was it today or was it a while ago ?
Cant you ask the parent for the form and tick the box yourself if thats all that needs doing?

Hope you get it sorted

Good luck

Angel xx

TRACEY1969
04-11-2008, 04:12 PM
I have rung the college up and they have a register of her attendance so do i which she has signed, but the college doesn't pay Care to Learn do in Manchester. I did do a contract but not with MCMA one of my own. Which included everything from sick to payment. I know a few childminders who have done contracts with MCMA and parents havent paid and MCMA haven't been much help so i done a simple one for the teenagers which was to the point and very blunt.

TRACEY1969
04-11-2008, 04:16 PM
They removed her from the college 2 weeks ago but i was still childminding for her till today. She text me saying she wasnt coming back to me i asked why and she said she has left college, the course she was doing wasn't working out for her. I later found out the really reason from her college tutor.

angeldelight
04-11-2008, 04:31 PM
It was a bit unfair of her to continue using your services when she knew that she had left college

So how many weeks will it be that they have to pay you ?

When you are insured with NCMA you MUST use their contracts it is one of their conditions

Maybe your best bet would be to contact the place where payment comes from ?

Angel xx

TRACEY1969
04-11-2008, 04:40 PM
i have contacted Care to Learn and they said she must tick the UK Resident box even though they have it on file for the last 2 years.

She owes me 9 weeks

angeldelight
04-11-2008, 04:43 PM
Think I would go and stand at her door then and wait till she signs it

You dont really have any other option if you need this money and its the only way you are going to get paid by the sounds of things

Angel xx

kindredspirits
04-11-2008, 10:55 PM
I would definately go to her house, face to face, get her to tick the form and take it to the post office yourself!! you need to be strong on this or it doesn't look like you'll get paid. if you did sign a makeshift contract you could 'threaten' her with court action if she doesn't play ball, might be enough to give her a swift kick up the behind!

roseybev
04-11-2008, 11:23 PM
go to her door be ok with her you only looking for a sig form her so you can get paid .this is why i stoped doing college work with young girls they drop there kids of and go back to bed if they dont go we dont get paid:angry: i dont class everyone likes this before someone eats me :) but ive found that they get things given to them to helpand they just spoil it for others

sallybrooke
05-11-2008, 01:06 PM
I have a mum through care to learn and she has a co-ordinator who helps resolve any issues.
I just call my Teen Parent Co-ordinator if there are any problems.

care to Learn are notorious for bad payments. I sent a change of circumstances form in in Sept, and still not had the additional payments.

RachelE
06-11-2008, 09:25 AM
I am seeing my DO about a parent through this scheme, this afternoon.

Would you advise against this?
I realy need to fill the place, but cant afford to be messed about.

Thanks, Rachel x