PDA

View Full Version : What Do You Class as a Stomach Bug

CCJD
04-11-2008, 02:55 PM
I have a one yr old in my care who is going through that dreaded first winter and picking up a million colds etc. He has come today and his dirty nappy was an explosion - up the back, out the sides and runny. It has apparently been like this for a few days according to mum but he is still only doing one pooh a day and she therefore does not think this is a bug. I don't like to over react to illness at this age - they get too many minor ailments to send them home every time they sneeze - but what would you do with this. A gastric bug would normally make them go more often or not?

deeb66
04-11-2008, 03:06 PM
As you say a gastric bug would probably make him go more than once a day so I don't think that it is a bug.

it might be that he is teething or could be that hi stomach is having problems processing the mucus etc from the colds.

It could also be something a little more serious like a food allergy or intolerance.

I think you will have to monitor it and go from there.

beerheaven
04-11-2008, 03:08 PM
I agree - doesn't sound like a stomach bug as only one horrible poo a day.
But even so - yuck!!

tashaleee
04-11-2008, 03:53 PM
I had to class one explosive nappy a day connected to the child's age and assume teething. Stomach bugs to me are usually several (3+) dirty nappies in a very short timescale. Not nice to deal with even if its only the one though.....

crazybones
04-11-2008, 03:56 PM
I had to class one explosive nappy a day connected to the child's age and assume teething. Stomach bugs to me are usually several (3+) dirty nappies in a very short timescale. Not nice to deal with even if its only the one though.....

In my experience I would say teething too. My own son being a prime example. Although chocolate pudding did have the same result :rolleyes: