PDA

View Full Version : Fed up with no interest.

jackandjill
04-11-2008, 02:43 PM
Hi all,I'm really fed up with advertising loads and no interest its getting me down.
I'm newly registered and i know it takes time but i have put 1000 leaflets through doors, put adverts up in shops, post offices, playcentres, community centres, in my car, partners work place and i have also put adverts on sites on the net. I'm still waiting for my details to be put on the local opportunity links site. There is not much more i can do.
Never thought it would be this hard when i thought about becoming a childminder.

Sorry about moaning

Thanks Sarah

yummymummy
04-11-2008, 03:34 PM
It is harder these days than it used to be as parents have so many more childcare options than they did when I first started out. BUT don't give up before you've even started, something always turns up but it may take a little while longer. The run up to Christmas is never that busy, maybe a new year will bring lots of little mindees for you.
Have you checked with your local CIS/FIS to see how the childcare situation is locally to you?
Good luck :)

melanieabigail2004
04-11-2008, 04:05 PM
Hi sarah

I have been registered since July and its only been the last week that I have started having 'real' interest and signed a contract etc. Like you I leafleted, put adverts in windows etc. Most of the interest has come from Netmums, my local CIS and direct hits to my website when people have searched for childcare in my village. I know of four other minders locally and two of them are struggling as well.

It is very hard to remain positive but people will contact you. In the next few weeks people will start to sort out their childcare for the New Year and hopefully you will get some calls.

I taken the time I've had when I could have been working to sort out my SEF and update my policies etc - my paperwork has never looked so good!

Have you spoken to any other cm's in your area - perhaps you could make contact with those who are full and ask them to pass on your details should they get any enquiries they can't help.

Good luck

Mel

OrlandoBelle
04-11-2008, 04:29 PM
I too have advertised everywhere and have only had 2 ppl interested so far. Have you spoken to other Childminder's in your area? Maybe they can pass on your details to parents if they cannot accommodate them?

Also, put a classified ad on ebay. One of the ppl who contacted me found me through there. It's really easy to set up and is free.

I'm thinking of getting a fleece with "Registered Childminder" Embroidered on it somewhere. NCMA also sell these (but they only have size extra small in stock atm). That way the parents at the school will see me.

What area do you live in?

RachelE
04-11-2008, 08:21 PM
I am too very fed up at the moment.

Off to look at the classified ad on ebay - about the only option I havent looked at.

Its so annoying having all the toys, equipment and ideas and no or little children.

lets hope we all have our phones ringing soon!

Rachel x

angeldelight
04-11-2008, 08:22 PM
Sorry to hear that things are slow for some of you

Sending you all good luck vibes hope things change for you all soon and you get heaps of calls

Angel xx

devoncm
04-11-2008, 08:28 PM
I think its slow everywhere at the moment, it has been where i am for alot of childminders but just today ive had 2 enquiries so im keeping my fingers crossed more come by.

Keep at it a bit longer, after christmas would be a better time i think and thats what i keep being told too, it took a while for me to start and still havent got many but im hoping.