PDA

View Full Version : URGENT HELP needed with ofsted application

Hebs
04-11-2008, 01:24 PM
my just me having a dumb moment but on the form it asks if we are intending to provide overnight care so i ticked yes as i'd like to

then it asks...

specific requirements???
what are they asking? how many i intend to have overnight?? :o

FizzysFriends
04-11-2008, 01:28 PM
No idea, but don't ofsted have a list of things you need to have to be able to provide overnight care like their own room, mains wired smoke alarms.

Hebs
04-11-2008, 01:32 PM
they would have their own room (my son will sleep with me, he does most nights anyway :laughing: )

just a bit stuck with this very vague question

FizzysFriends
04-11-2008, 01:34 PM
Do they have a helpline number on there? I called them to ask questions when I was doing mine.

Hebs
04-11-2008, 01:41 PM
:blush: never thought about ringing them :laughing:

Hebs
04-11-2008, 01:47 PM
well she was as much use as a chocolate fireguard :rolleyes:

roseybev
04-11-2008, 02:24 PM
like the comment yes fire alarms to mains ,the bedroom will be checked by them they will tell you what you need to do even if you dont follow though with over night care it might be worth geting reg for it

Nettynoo
04-11-2008, 11:06 PM
I didn't fill out a form but the inspector asked me if I wanted to be registered for overnight care and I said I can't as I don't have a spare room but she said they don't need their own room just privacy when changing! She then registered me! You do need to provide clean bedding and towels, smoke alarms,baby monitor if a baby etc! Hope this helps!!

Helpinghands
05-11-2008, 11:06 AM
I registered for overnight just after I registered as a childminder. All I had to do was call Ofsted and notify them, they asked me a few questions like where they would sleep etc and basically just told me to follow thw guidance for overnight care.

It might be easier for you to do it that way?

Or just put that you are intending to care for ......many children overnight.

Hope this helps