PDA

View Full Version : Which Magazine to subscribe to?

Stanfield
04-11-2008, 12:26 PM
Hello,

I am really interested in subscribing to a childcare magazine and was wondering if any of you do, or can recommend one that is suitable to childminders?

Thanks, Lucy

PixiePetal
04-11-2008, 12:42 PM
I subscribed to 'Creative Steps'

Sept/Oct issue had - about harvest(crafts), paper crafts,halloween baking for kids,crafts around the world(mexico this time),Diwali(info,cooking,crafts),book reviews,comps, Islam, Eid,weather stations and loads more!

Have used some ideas and can link to EYFS, I am pleased with it. :)

£26.70 for 6 issues (1 year)

Anyone with other ideas?

Kelly
04-11-2008, 12:52 PM
I subscribe to nursery world and professional child care. I prefer child care as it is tailored more towards childminders, however nursery world is a good read as well, I cannot decide which one I like most so have to have both:rolleyes:

Kelly

OrlandoBelle
04-11-2008, 12:53 PM
Ooohhh.... I just had a look at the Creative Steps magazine. Looks really good! Might have to subscribe myself!:)

Pedagog
04-11-2008, 12:54 PM
I don't subscribe, but I often buy "Early Years Educator" "Nursery plus" or "Childcare", also I occasionally buy "Nursery world".

I subscribe to "Junior plus" magazine and "Children and Young People Now".

I have not had "Creative steps", so can not comment, but it sounds good.

miss mopple
04-11-2008, 12:56 PM
I get Creative Steps, Nursery Education and Practical Professional Childcare.

Love em all :D

cherry
04-11-2008, 12:58 PM
I love Creative Steps and it's on offer from these people
http://www.isubscribe.co.uk/title_info.cfm?prodid=9174&gclid=CJP34cvJ25YCFRSO1QodR06q2w

OrlandoBelle
04-11-2008, 01:20 PM
It's a shame you can't buy it in the shops. Really can't afford to subscribe this month. Really want this months copy! Lol. There's none on ebay either :(

Stanfield
04-11-2008, 03:05 PM
Well, I must say the creative steps looks brilliant, although I was looking for an all round magazine on childcare I may have to get this one too!
Thanks

Stanfield
04-11-2008, 03:05 PM
I don't subscribe, but I often buy "Early Years Educator" "Nursery plus" or "Childcare", also I occasionally buy "Nursery world".

I subscribe to "Junior plus" magazine and "Children and Young People Now".

I have not had "Creative steps", so can not comment, but it sounds good.

Where can you buy these magazines as a one off? I have struggled to find any in the shops?

Gherkin
04-11-2008, 09:22 PM
I subscribe to Creative Steps, Nuresry Education Plus and get Childcare and Nursery world through my dh's work.

Chatterbox Childcare
04-11-2008, 11:53 PM
I subscribe to Creative Steps and it always lands on my doorstep the day before planning - eerie!

I am also looking at Scholastics and I understand it comes in 3 sections and the one for Early Years does all the planning and linking for you - brill!

I also buy EYE which is full of information and some ideas - great read.

Creative Steps has to be subscribed to but I get the other 2 from Borders

Monkey1
05-11-2008, 06:09 AM
If you are insured with Morton Mitchel (sp?) you get creative steps as an email version! I just save it to my computer and it saves all the clutter!

lissy
15-11-2008, 05:02 PM
Can anyone tell me when mm sends out the creative minds email as i havent had one yet. thanks

Hebs
15-11-2008, 05:24 PM
i subscribed to crestive minds and am yet to recieve a magazine

been 3 weeks since i paid for it :panic:

lissy
15-11-2008, 05:28 PM
Its really annoying isnt it i want the christmas craft ideas!!

Dragonfly
15-11-2008, 06:13 PM
Im with morton michel had two copies of creatives steps emailed to me a while ago then no more:( anyone else had this or are you still getting yours emailed?:(

sarah707
15-11-2008, 07:25 PM
Im with morton michel had two copies of creatives steps emailed to me a while ago then no more:( anyone else had this or are you still getting yours emailed?:(

Monkey and I were talking about this earlier today... we've only had 2 as well.

Must be a problem their end, as we're getting the newsletters regularly.

manjay
15-11-2008, 07:41 PM
I had my Nov/Dec Creative Steps through the post a few weeks ago. I also subscribe to Nursey Ed and Practical Pre school. The others are all available in our local WHS and I just buy if I like the look of them.

madasahatter
15-11-2008, 10:08 PM
I'm another one who subscribes to Creative Steps. I love the way there are activities for all ages.
I also subscribe to Early Years Educator and to Professional Childcare. From a childminding point of view I prefer Childcare though EYE has had some useful articles for my studying.

lissy
17-11-2008, 10:09 PM
Just had an email confirming the next issue for morton michel policy holders will be emailed on the 25th November. :)