PDA

View Full Version : inviting parents to view learning journeys

butterfly
04-11-2008, 11:59 AM
I want to invite my parents to view their child's learning journing eyfs books but can't decide how to go about this.

My ideas are:

1. invite them to make an appointment (about 15mins) to view any time during december - will probably be when they collect

2. give them one week in dec when they can make an appointment - again will probably be when they collect

3. allow parents to make evening appointments - may be better with no children around but probably won't allow both parents to view although wouldn't at collection time either!

4. have one evening where all parents can come and view books along with a christmas drink and mince pie!

5. allow parents to take books home so can both view - not sure about this though as they may get damaged/lost and then i can't discuss!

i have 5 sets of parents athough this includes one 6 yr old who just has a photo diary of her time here as she's not under the eyfs - what should i do for her?
what do you think/do?

miss mopple
04-11-2008, 12:06 PM
I have a 3 monthly meeting with my parents. Either I pop to them or they come round for a coffee and a chat. I let them take he books home too as usually it is only 1 parent I see and I like both to see it :D

mrsb
04-11-2008, 01:03 PM
Mine are going home for the first time today, I've put a section on each page for parents comments so I'd rather they had them at home and can spend time looking with the child and hopefully making comments :)

Monkey1
04-11-2008, 01:06 PM
I will be sending them home at xmas or just before but i will get them to sign to say they have taken them!

sarah707
04-11-2008, 01:26 PM
I ask parents to come and see me at convenient times without children around... :D

Pauline
09-11-2008, 02:18 PM
I'm sending them home every half term or there abouts.

Just sent them home to get some feedback and see what they though. The response has been fantastic, they all loved them and said they were wonderful and they had enjoyed reading them.

One Dad even made a special point of coming back from the car because he had forgotten to say how much he had enjoyed seeing it. :thumbsup:

Rubybubbles
09-11-2008, 02:19 PM
I have a 3 monthly meeting with my parents. Either I pop to them or they come round for a coffee and a chat. I let them take he books home too as usually it is only 1 parent I see and I like both to see it :D

this is what I do

RainbowMum
09-11-2008, 02:47 PM
I like the sound of a mince pie & a drink -will have to get my mountain of photo's and notes compiled into their folders - troubleis I cant decide on a format! I have too much info now and i'm getting overloaded with ideas:panic:

singlewiththree
09-11-2008, 02:59 PM
As a parent who uses a childminder the idea of meeting up with the other parents and chatting and viewing it sounds great however with my childminder hat on dont know how it would work unless getting everyone together at the same time. I think I will just send mine home and if they want to chat about it get them in separately.