angeldelight
04-11-2008, 07:55 AM
You will need

sugar - few large spoons
water
small container
colored chalk
black construction paper

Fill a small container with warm water . Add sugar until it stops dissolving. Stir. Dip the chalk into the water before drawing your firework burts of lines. A series of straight lines ending out forming around a circle makes a great looking firework. When the chalk dries, the sugar crystalizes again, making the picture sparkle!

Food Coloring Fireworks

What You’ll Need
Newspaper or brown craft paper
White paper or construction paper
Food coloring (Use different Colors)
Plastic drinking straw

Instructions
1) Cover a work space with newspapers.

2) Place white paper on newspapers.

3) Put a large drop of food coloring in the center of the white paper.

4) Holding one end of the straw above the drop of food coloring, blow through the other end of the straw. How hard you blow determines how far and how fast the drop of coloring moves. After blowing the 1st drop of coloring as far you want, do the same with more drops of color.

miffy
04-11-2008, 07:57 AM
I tried this the other day and it didn't work for me - nothing happened when it dried :(

Think I didn't put enough sugar in

Miffy xx

emler
04-11-2008, 07:58 AM
I might try this one later - thanks Angel :thumbsup:

OrlandoBelle
04-11-2008, 09:06 AM
I do water colour painting and use salt in some of my paintings. When the paint is still wet, I sprinkle salt onto it and leave it to dry. It sparkles when it's dry.

x

miffy
04-11-2008, 09:10 AM
I do water colour painting and use salt in some of my paintings. When the paint is still wet, I sprinkle salt onto it and leave it to dry. It sparkles when it's dry.

x

I might try that and see if I have more success :)

Miffy xx

Chatterbox Childcare
04-11-2008, 09:45 AM
Oooh will try these today