PDA

View Full Version : well i told parent

jaytravis
04-11-2008, 07:18 AM
this morning again he was 10 mins early so said as he was running out the dioor you do know the hours im contracted for ar from 7am he said yeah io know so told him im not insured if he brings lo before that time and if he wants to bring him 10 ,15 mins rearly i will add a extra hour to the bill every week fely really bad telling him but im just not ready when he comes at that time

angeldelight
04-11-2008, 07:24 AM
Well good for you that took a lot of guts well done

I have a parent that does the same - I leave him at the door now though in all weather

They think because they collect early they can bring their children early grrrrr

Anyway its taken me months and months but hes got the message and he now brings the children on time

Hope it works for you

Angel xx

miffy
04-11-2008, 07:26 AM
Why should you feel bad? He's the one arriving before the time you agreed to.

I think you did the right thing - he wouldn't be able to go to a shop or nursery before the agreed time, he's just relying on the fact that you will open the door.

See if telling him makes any difference and if not then add the extra to his bill

Miffy xx

Tatia
04-11-2008, 07:56 AM
I wouldn't add an hour per week. I'd add an hour per day!!! Tell him that's your unsociable rate.:D

emler
04-11-2008, 08:03 AM
Good for you for telling him :thumbsup:

OrlandoBelle
04-11-2008, 09:01 AM
Oooohh.....What did he say to that? Good on you for standing up to him! Wish I was as assertive!

cherry
04-11-2008, 09:02 AM
Good for you, it's like Miffy says, Nursery's don't open their doors early why should we.

kindredspirits
04-11-2008, 09:22 AM
well done, i know you obviously start at 7am - but 6.50 is just an obscene time!!!! hope they take your warning, and i would also add an hour a day - i explain to parents that i don't do part hour times as its too small an amount so if they want 12-2.15 it's still 3 hours, iykwim

anna x

FizzysFriends
04-11-2008, 09:57 AM
Can you just not open the door, or unplug the door bell until your start time?

Bevbeetle
04-11-2008, 11:24 AM
well done you are brave why do we feel guilty ::angry: i had a parent who kept coming late i was charging her but because she was paying she thought she could come whenever she wanted, in the end she was so late one night i nearly missed my sons parents evening so i lost it a bit told her in future if she wasnt going to come on time i wanted a phone call to check i wasnt doing anything she never been late again

samgeordie
04-11-2008, 12:17 PM
well done on being so assertive, i hope he listened and starts turning up at the right time. Ive just had a reply from an e-mail i sent due to parents turning up early and they are changing the time of the contact now.

LittleMissSparkles
04-11-2008, 12:39 PM
I have a parent like that usually 10 minutes early every morning, I have even wrote letters to this parent in the past explaining why I cant take her dd in earlier than contracted time with or without her been present, she thought if she was still there till 8am then it was ok ! I have even tried ignoring the door or letting her in and sayin oh im not ready yet your early AGAIN i need to go brush my teeth, going up stairs and sittin gon my bed for the 10 mins lol.....

have one parent who is constantly 10/ 15 mins late every time and coincidently theres always been an accident she has been stuck behind :rolleyes: have decided to add on their bills for the extra this month see if that works and do a letter generally to all parent but aimed at 2 in particularly....

sorry you are having prob with this parent as you can see i cant offer any advice as I have the same trouble xxx

loocyloo
04-11-2008, 01:30 PM
well done!

i had a dad who would always turn up 15-20 mins early to pick up ... not a problem ... except i was giving his child tea, and we were usually only half way thru! i tried sending him home without pudding, but dad would say 'thats ok, i'll wait' but would wait standing in my dining area (i have an open plan house) and it drove me mad! in the end i explained that we couldn't have tea any earlier, and it was distracting for ALL the children to have him there (plus, i felt i had to chat to him, so couldn't sort out the other children) the message seemed to get through! but i did (a few times) then have to tell him that his child wasn't ready to go home, so please could he come back later!

these parents are returning to me next year, i plan to say that although i am giving your children tea, if you turn up early, then they will be expected to take the children early, and they can take tea home in a plastic tub!

i also used to have a mum who thought that regardless of when she dropped off, then she could collect 4 hrs later!!! it took 3 months of late fees for her to get the hang of coming when she said!

xxx

deeb66
04-11-2008, 02:01 PM
I wouldn't add an hour per week. I'd add an hour per day!!! Tell him that's your unsociable rate.:D

I would do the same as Tatia

Well done you for telling him though......I do think that he is being cheeky though.

As Miffy says........a nursery wouldn't open their doors earlier so way should we!

polobear1970
04-11-2008, 02:03 PM

I'm with Tatia on this one.

Well done you

Lisa

tulip0803
04-11-2008, 11:42 PM
:) Well done

jaytravis
05-11-2008, 07:04 AM
when i told him yeasterday he more or less ran out the front door this morning he turns up at 6.55 abit better i supose

Mollymop
05-11-2008, 07:17 AM
Good on you! I hope he shows up at the right time from now on. If not, don't answer the door.

childmind04
05-11-2008, 07:17 AM
Keep remindning him, it it took a few reminders and added money before mine got the hint!!!

Dont know about you but 10 mins early at 9am is bad enough but at 7am its a nightmare!!

Heaven Scent
05-11-2008, 08:29 AM
I just downright refuse to answer the door until its the correct time by my clock - which is GMTV - like the sign says in lots of pubs - 'if you want to call time by your watch run your own pub' - in our case its a childminding business.

With regard to the end of the day and them barging into the kitchen while all the children are eating - that is a much harder battle to fight and I'm constangtly on the case. I just feel it to ignorant of them.