PDA

View Full Version : Will hubby crb be ok? Will I get registered?

Peppa
03-11-2008, 08:16 PM
Hello everyone, I'm donna 28 married to david 29. I already have a crb completed from a pre-school committee. My hubby however decides to tell me as i'm filling out the forms that as a teenager say 16 - 21 he was a monster! He was out drinking and causing lots of agro on a weekend.:mad: I've asked him if he has been charged with assault, and he says he honestly cant remember what he was charged with. Hes never been locked up, but was once on probation for 6months.

All this happened before he joined the Armed forces and sorted himself out. He wasn't like a monster when i met him, i can assure you!

So what i'm wondering is, is can this affect my registration? I dont want to have to spend out more money for first aid and pay for icp if i dont get registered.

I have had my health declaration (which i still have in my possesion,)and was gonna book myself on the first aid today, my icp is in 2weeks. I keep putting myself off booking these things incase i dont get registered, and i'm holding onto these forms.

Any advice?

Thanks donna :panic:

Trouble
03-11-2008, 08:59 PM
i would just go for it and see what happens:thumbsup:

i think if it was a long time ago i dont think it would matter unless it was a serious crime

Rubybubbles
03-11-2008, 09:04 PM
hiya hun, you can only try. The fact he is now in the Miltary will help, although it my take longer for his SAFFA check (which is something extra because of being forces, my hubby is RAF:D )

You could phone Ofsted and ask them, they should be able to give you some good advice.

good luck hun

katickles
03-11-2008, 09:23 PM
I would possibly give ofsted a quick call & they will offer you some advice.

We couldn't say either way really as at the end of the day, its ofsteds decision. That said, I hope that it doesn't go against you, as your hubby has now left his monster days behind.

Good luck x

http://newtickers.bump-and-beyond.com/23/2306/230632.png (http://www.bump-and-beyond.com/)

Kelly
03-11-2008, 09:27 PM
If you hubby was on probation, surely he must have been charged with an offence? Ask him to try and remember what he was on probation for at the approx year of this. As long as you declare everything generally you are fine, it would depend on what he was on probation for. If you are concerned ring Ofsted and check it out first.

SSAFA checks are on your husband if you have been posted overseas and then only pick up on anything since your husband joined the armed forces

Good Luck

Kelly

tulip0803
03-11-2008, 09:33 PM
It will depend on what comes up and what OFSTED think. My DH was a bit of a naughty boy in his teens and he did get bound over for a drunken punch-up in a pub and he has had no problems. In fact he drives school buses so is CRBd'd for that too. I would like to hope that the powers that be can understand that boys can do some stupid stuff in their teens and turn into normal responsible adults at some point:D (Sometimes:rolleyes: )

sarahjane
04-11-2008, 09:37 AM
My partner wea in trouble with police when he was 19 years old - and was charged with ABH following a drunken fight after a heavy night out. Once he realised what he'd done he got the other bloke to hospital and handed himself in! Ended up with a fine. I was also worried when he moved in that he might not get his CRB through, however, after a phone call from ofsted where he explained that he's never been in trouble since (he's now 43) they accepted it as a teenage thing and the CRB came through with no problem.
Hopefully this will be the same for you, though can't guarentee it - ofsted seem to be a law unto themselves!

Chatterbox Childcare
04-11-2008, 09:38 AM
Your CRB is being checked for his suitability to work with children.

I know of a childminder whose hubby was in prison, not violence related, and he is now working and so is the childminder.

OrlandoBelle
04-11-2008, 09:50 AM
My H2B had also been in trouble with the police about 10 years ago, before I met him although I don't think he ever got convicted, just cautions.

I got my CRB forms back last week and they were both fine.

I'm sure yours will be OK. Go for it!:)

Peppa
04-11-2008, 10:47 AM
Thank you very much everyone, I shall get the forms in the post, once im out of bed (Tonsilitus):(

Your replies were very helpful and have put my mind at ease (for the time being)

Donna :)

bruneibabe
11-01-2010, 10:01 AM
Hello everyone, I'm donna 28 married to david 29. I already have a crb completed from a pre-school committee. My hubby however decides to tell me as i'm filling out the forms that as a teenager say 16 - 21 he was a monster! He was out drinking and causing lots of agro on a weekend.:mad: I've asked him if he has been charged with assault, and he says he honestly cant remember what he was charged with. Hes never been locked up, but was once on probation for 6months.

All this happened before he joined the Armed forces and sorted himself out. He wasn't like a monster when i met him, i can assure you!

So what i'm wondering is, is can this affect my registration? I dont want to have to spend out more money for first aid and pay for icp if i dont get registered.

I have had my health declaration (which i still have in my possesion,)and was gonna book myself on the first aid today, my icp is in 2weeks. I keep putting myself off booking these things incase i dont get registered, and i'm holding onto these forms.

Any advice?

Thanks donna :panic:hope everything goes okay..where are you stationed..im in sunny brunei and worried about where to get insurance..not really willing to pay for the NCMA stuff when i have already made up my own forms!!

Carpet Monkeys
11-01-2010, 05:41 PM
I'm sure it'll all be fine, we've just had SSAFA checks completed, we were in Singapore for 3 years, just waiting on the CRB's to be printed and posted out - can't wait to get advertising.