PDA

View Full Version : AArghh visit from prospective parents!!

childmind04
03-11-2008, 06:21 PM
Had a set of parents do a visit today looking at temp care for a baby, would have fitted great until my new baby starts but my mindees were horrid :(

One decided to bite (never done it for weeks), one pushed the 'biter' over and the other discovered he could squeel very loudly :eek:

First thing mum asked was if the 'biter' and her baby would be together and yes they would be for a few hours on a wednesday

They managed to rip a book, tip a box of fir cones we had collected over the floor and pull just about everything out, i just wanted the ground to open up :blush:

Oh well not expecting a call back from them :rolleyes:

Susan

sarah707
03-11-2008, 06:24 PM
It happens to us all... and usually for a reason.

Oh dear, I suggest alcohol / chocolate / whatever takes you to your happy place :D

CCJD
03-11-2008, 06:29 PM
I had this with a previous devil mindee. A young couple brought their very precious new born to see us and he promptly emptied out the bookcase behind me, jumped all over the sofas and was a general uncontrolable nightmare!!!! Needless to say they didnt choose me either!!
I learnt after this with him to make sure I always had the most engaging activity on when I had a visitors - so that he was too concerned with what we were doing instead of raising merry hell!!!

childmind04
03-11-2008, 06:34 PM
It will be chocolate :) and lots of it

On a more serious note i am currently laminating some new behaviour management pictures to go through my house rules again as i feel i am really loosing control, even though i know today was because they did not have my usual interaction i feel that the behaviour one of my mindees had over the hols has had a huge effect on the others and want to nip this in the bud now!!

Got some nice photo behaviour management pics from the tes site

susan

OrlandoBelle
04-11-2008, 10:54 AM
Next time arrange for new parents to come in the evening when other mindees have gone home! Lol. :)

angeldelight
04-11-2008, 11:02 AM
Poor you

Kids always seem to play up though or do things that they would not normally do when you have a visitor

I would def meet new parents in future when the kids have gone home

Angel xx

barbarella68
04-11-2008, 12:09 PM
I can remember a lady bringing her new born baby to see me and my son was a nightmare he continuously slammed the door because he realised that the baby would jump and then scream he thought it was very funny so I whispered in his ear (just wait until they have gone)and Lo and behold he was as nice as pie,even saying to the lady hasn't my mum got you a drink yet.(he s nearly 6):angry: