PDA

View Full Version : Advice please!

lizzymoonshine
03-11-2008, 05:39 PM
OMG the worse thing that could happen today did.

Was looking after my after school mindees today, just went into my lounge to tell the boys (7, 8, 9) to calm down abit, jumping about etc, walked into my kitchen when the 9 year old came in with blood on his hands. He'd bumped his head on the door frame and split it open. it was about a cm big and it did stop bleeding but he's had to go to casualty.

I feel absolutely terrible. The little boy is a neighbour so i know his family very well. Both parents were understanding but i still feel terrible. I've filled in the accident book but should i let Ofsted know?

sorry and thanks

Nicki L
03-11-2008, 05:43 PM
Poor you x i havent much advice on these things but didnt want to read and run. I have only ever dealt with the odd scratch.

I am sure you have done all the right things and you will feel bad, its the way we are, i feel bad everytime my mindee ends up in the accident book. I think you naturally do becasue they are not your children and they have hurt themselves while in your care.

These things to do happen.

I dont know whether you need to tell ofsted.

Hope the LO is ok and your nerves are too! x

sarah707
03-11-2008, 06:00 PM
Yes you need to inform Ofsted of any serious injuries ie ones the child's been to docs or hospital about.

http://www.standards.dfes.gov.uk/eyfs/site/requirements/welfare/safeguarding/2.htm

Poor little man, I hope he's feeling better tomorrow xx

Hebs
03-11-2008, 06:04 PM
Aww bless you, hope your ok

I'm sure this little boy will be proudly showing off his war wound tomorrow ;) my son did when he split his chin open :laughing:
nothing bothers them for long :thumbsup:

miffy
03-11-2008, 06:08 PM
Hope you're OK Lizzy it must have given you a bit of a shock

I hope the mindee is OK tomorrow and as long as you've filled in the accident report and notified Ofsted you've covered yourself

Miffy xx

don the duck
03-11-2008, 06:08 PM
Sorry to hear about ur mindee, hows ur feeling ok now. Sorry cant give u any further advice as its all new me today.

Fairydust
03-11-2008, 06:19 PM
Picked up my mindee from school and was busy chatting to her when she tripped over the pram wheels going down the hill and fell flat on her face! Nose was gushing with blood and she was screaming! Luckily my daughter arrived and she was able to hold the pram while I dealt with the mess - she was covered in blood. Once we got home and got cleaned up she seemed fine - I have only just stopped shaking!:panic: :panic:

roseybev
04-11-2008, 02:07 PM
care commison were outlast thursday to do there yearly inspection i had a mindee that had a bad bump that needed stiches her parents took her to get them i recorded it dated and got the parents to sign it they were happy to do this i also noted down the date she went back to get them checked i never took her for that either .they just said i had done everything right but should add in the time it happened aswell .

Minnie mouse
04-11-2008, 02:27 PM
Can i just ask what is the care commission please? and does everyone get a yearly inspection?