PDA

View Full Version : Outings?

Hebs
03-11-2008, 05:37 PM
hiya

how many outings do you all take your mindees on??

not including the regulars like playgroup, arts and crats etc i mean things like the beach/farm

:o

Nicki L
03-11-2008, 05:39 PM
I must admit not many - i dont drive and my mindee is only 18 months. He just enjoys trips to the park and ducks and on a bus!!! although i spose that will all change as he gets older

mum2two
03-11-2008, 05:41 PM
Not many - it costs way too much!

During the summer hols we planned one trip out a week, and notified the parents of costs in the July newsletter so we could re-plan if parents didn't want to pay etc.

Normal weeks though we just tend to go to woods, local roman wall, various parks all over the place, feeding the ducks etc. The closest beach is about 45 miles away, and as I work with hubby, we can have up to 6 under 5's so to do zoos, indoor play centres etc the cost mounts up loads...

Parents like what we do though, and are happy.

xx

lizzymoonshine
03-11-2008, 05:42 PM
Hi

we try and get out as often as we can. We are lucky that we have some lovely country parks around here that are on the doorstep and are free.

Bigger outings like that farm or zoo we go to in school holidays or inset days.

suppose its entirely up to you. :)

Bushpig
03-11-2008, 05:46 PM
My kids are too young to go too far, we go everywhere by foot or bus.

The common, park, toddler group and a large communal garden are every day occurances, and the parents are happy with this. We visit the local library for library story times when we can (clashes with school run), and 2 local toy shops too on the bus.

Hebs
03-11-2008, 05:56 PM
hi,

i wasn't sure how often so thought i'd ask.

i am thinking of 2 major trips each year, the Farm in spring to learn about baby animals(30 mins away in car) and to Alnwick Gardens once the kids are back to school after summer holidays as they have a waterfall for the kids to play in with diggers and toy cars but it's PACKED during the holidays.

wasn't sure if it had to be more regular tho

charleyfarley
03-11-2008, 06:02 PM
We go to the library and the local park alot as they are free of course :D

We also go to the local city zoo, also free and when it's nice we take a picnic so a real cheap day out.

We save our costly days out for school holidays and then I try to use the Tescos vouchers to pay for tickets that way parents don't have to pay either.

Carol xx

madasahatter
03-11-2008, 06:21 PM
I go to the park, country park, 2 toddler groups and library on a regular basis, with occasional trips to say a farm etc (maybe once a term).
In the hols though I have one day a week when I just have older kids (age 10+) and we go further afield or do something more exciting. So for example in the summer hols (I worked 4 weeks) we went to Magna at Sheffield, ice skating and Lightwater Valley. I had 1/2 price or cheaper tickets for all!!!
I also try to do a nearer cheap outing that includes the little ones once a week in the hols.

Hebs
03-11-2008, 06:32 PM
Luckily during the school holidays there is free kids entertainment (currently ran my my BOSS :laughing: ) thats on twice a week every week so i know i can do that with the kids :thumbsup:

i wasn't sure if we HAD to do outings

DCS
03-11-2008, 07:01 PM
I'm aiming for one every month or two. ONLY because I charge £25 a month as a contribution to trips and outings. Needless to say if the parent isn't willing to pay, we won't be doing business:cool:

Cecile
x

wendywu
03-11-2008, 08:18 PM
In the holidays we are out every day. We do some free ones like the beach but the other ones i just ask the parents for the money. After all it my petrol money.:)

beerheaven
03-11-2008, 11:37 PM
I do majority of trips in school hours. In the summer I did a couple a week. I try to do free / low cost things plus I have family membership for a few nearby attractions that allow me to take in a group of mindees as well! Plus I collect money off vouchers. :)

Raggydolls
04-11-2008, 01:05 PM
hi,

i wasn't sure how often so thought i'd ask.

i am thinking of 2 major trips each year, the Farm in spring to learn about baby animals(30 mins away in car) and to Alnwick Gardens once the kids are back to school after summer holidays as they have a waterfall for the kids to play in with diggers and toy cars but it's PACKED during the holidays.

wasn't sure if it had to be more regular tho

where abouts do u live herbs, im in wallsend (north tyneside) but am originally from amble

leanne
xx

Hebs
04-11-2008, 01:22 PM
Hi Leanne

I'm in Jarrow, just the other side of the tunnel :thumbsup:

:clapping: a local minder :laughing:

ruby
04-11-2008, 04:34 PM
we don't drive and live in a village so there is only the library it has only just started to do clap and tap but it is only once every month and little parks to take the children to.
We do live near a beach but it is mostly pebble one (well boulders would be more acturate) so not suitable for little ones or pushchairs.
we do go to the nearest big towns twice/three times a week on the train to do soft play etc. and in the holidays we do plan 2 day out a week further afield i.e museums. techniquest. zoo's etc.

Cathy

Chatterbox Childcare
04-11-2008, 05:23 PM
I do soft play once a week (parents are aware of this and pay for it)

We visit farms, cinema, bowling, beach etc on a regular basis. In the summer we went to Longleat and Legoland. I ask parents for this and they are happy to pay. We do look for deals and usually get it for a good price.

The Longleat ticket was valid for any time use within a 3 month period and I just charge the parents £15 for the initial purchase and £5 when we go again and this helps towards the petrol.

Most of my trips are done within holidays and I try to keep the cost down. It think this year parents have only paid out £60.00 total and that is a lot cheaper than 2 adults taking their own children out.

If we do the cinema we go to Pizza Hut and that with money off vouchers has the day totalled at £7.50.

Bowling is a cheap option at £5.50 per child for 2 games and lunch. This is at Ten Pin Bowling and we are usually there from 10.00am until 1pm.

There are a lot of free things to do but keep an eye out for free tickets.