PDA

View Full Version : double buggy recommendations needed please...

sarahstanbridge
03-11-2008, 02:55 PM
hi, i look after a hefty 2.5 year old who is not good at walking and
have just taken on a 15 month old. twice a week i have a 20 min walk to nursey to collect a 3 year old.

i need a double buggy that is not going to break my back or the bank.
at the moment i have a twin rally maclaren but when i used it last week and
i ached all over the next day. the 2.5 year old is very heavy - nearly
3 stone!!!

can anyone recomend a double buggy that is light weight / easy to steer
and that i can attch a buggyboard onto when i have a 3 year old with me.

thanks

Kelly
03-11-2008, 04:11 PM
I use a combi WE2 it is lightweight to start with, which helps!! I can fit my buggy board on but rarely use it I prefer my bibi strolli attached because then I can stand behind the pushchair and not hurt my back! My LO's are 2 two yr olds (one is very heavy, over 2 1/2 stone!) and one who's nearly 3. It works well for us.

Kelly

cloud9
03-11-2008, 07:27 PM
hi, i look after a hefty 2.5 year old who is not good at walking and
have just taken on a 15 month old. twice a week i have a 20 min walk to nursey to collect a 3 year old.

i need a double buggy that is not going to break my back or the bank.
at the moment i have a twin rally maclaren but when i used it last week and
i ached all over the next day. the 2.5 year old is very heavy - nearly
3 stone!!!

can anyone recomend a double buggy that is light weight / easy to steer
and that i can attch a buggyboard onto when i have a 3 year old with me.

thanks

I think i would be very worried about using a twin and a buggy board attached to it, we aren't allowed to actually use buggy boards for minding because they are seen as unsafe so i definately wouldn't use one having in effect 3 children in one buggy especially if one is nearly 3 stone!

Mrs.L.C
03-11-2008, 07:56 PM
Snap. I had this problem. My maclaren and graco were really heavy too push with my large 2.5 yr olds so I looked into the 3 wheelers and took the risk and brought the out n about nipper 360 off ebay for £150 and its the best buy ever. I have about 5 stone of weight in it from the kids and it glides easily and I can push it with one hand so Iv got the free hand to hold another childs hand if I need to. Its also light weight in it self for a double.

Dragonfly
03-11-2008, 08:06 PM
I have the out n about double and its brillant can push one hand:clapping: no effort hardly at all brill:clapping:

crazybones
03-11-2008, 08:15 PM
Another hands up for the Nipper :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

jmoff
03-11-2008, 09:40 PM
jane powertwin! I love it! It is very expensive new but cheap second hand...look on ebay...it is a 3-wheeler and you can attach a buggy board. I can actually push it with one hand! However, it is a bit heavy to lift into a car boot...still would not change it!

I had the nipper, but with a fixed wheel, which was a bit akward to push.I am tempted to get a single one though!

loocyloo
03-11-2008, 10:37 PM
i had the nipper too, for about a week! then had really bad back/shoulder pain, as the handle was too high for me to push! (i was really sad! i'd wanted a nipper for ever!)

i went back to my mothercare urban detour, (3 wheeler) about 8 yrs old with really big wheels! they don't make the wheels that big now! i can push this one handed too.

i needed a buggy board or ??? for about 6 months, i used a bibi strolli rider ( like a tag along bike ), it was execellent. my DD could ride alongside, not taking up any more room on the pavement, but without me putting my back out walking awkwardly! all the kids loved it, and everyone wanted rides!

i carry a large 2 yr old too! can't wait for him to be out walking!

loocyloo x

Chatterbox Childcare
04-11-2008, 10:23 AM
I have the mothercare odyssey 3 wheeler. It is heavy but excellent on your back (I had a slipped disc removed so need it)

I would say that if you are walking and have room to store it then go for it and have a stroller in the car if needed.

Go to Mothercare and try them all out, they will let you put the children in too and walk around the showroom

I didn't get mine at Mothercare, I looked on ebay and got one used once for £100 cheaper, so that might be worth a go