PDA

View Full Version : Variation

Straws
30-10-2008, 04:12 PM
Hi all,

Just been on Ofsted website looking for a form to request variation. I couldnt find one, can anyone point me in the right direction?? what i did find was a list of charges for variation requests, has anyone had to pay for a variation?

Straws xx

nell57
30-10-2008, 04:18 PM
Hi straws hope you're ok

I sent of for a varience recently, you dont have to fill a form in , you just write a letter expaining what you want and how you'll manage it, also add what training you have done, I put what bttm training and completed nvq. I did have to pay anything.

Helen

melanieabigail2004
30-10-2008, 04:18 PM
You don't have to pay.

You need to write a letter to Ofsted detailing exactly what and when you want the variation for. I got one recently and created a table showing all the children, their ages and the times they would be with me. I also detailed how I would care for all of them and meet their needs and what equipment I have in place to be able to achieve this.

An inspector then gives you a call if they need anymore info.

Good luck

Mel

Angela234
30-10-2008, 06:11 PM
No you don't pay anything

Just send a letter saying why you need it,

put down the children plus ages ,attending times your routine how you will cope, equipment ie buggies, cots, mealtimes ect. must be signed

I have just sent one off myself

Good luck

Angela

miffy
30-10-2008, 06:13 PM
When you send your letter in send it recorded delivery - you can track it's been received then and Ofsted can't say they've never had it.

Miffy xx

sammy
31-10-2008, 12:29 AM
i just send in a variation end of last week, and they sent me through my new certificate today -i was so shocked at how quick they were to send it out, i did mine by email. But then looking closer at it, it contradicts itself, it looks as if theyve added what i want now, but kept my last variation in place, which doesnt make sense, as i asked for an extra child every day, as i have the extra child just on wed and fridays. so they said i can add another child to my ratio, then in the next breath they say only on wed and fridays!! anyway i reckon they should have deleted the second paragraph, so im now waiting to hear from them!!