PDA

View Full Version : baby with diabetes

doughnut
19-01-2008, 10:46 AM
Hi could anyone help ? a 1 year old baby i look after was very poorly and we have discovered that he has type 1 diabetes and needs insulin injections , would i have to contact the care commission and ask for advise on training how to give injections? Im really unsure, i would be greatful for any advice.

sarah707
19-01-2008, 11:09 AM
Hello doughnut and welcome to the forum!

Please pop into 'say hello' and introduce yourself to our lovely members...

I don't know anything about diabetes I'm afraid and I'm in England so don't know about the Care Commission angle either... but I'm sure someone will be along to help you soon. :D

manjay
19-01-2008, 11:15 AM
Not sure about contacting the Care Commission! I am sure the parents would be able to arrange some training for you, say with the practice nurse at the GP surgery. At the end of the day you have to feel comfortable administering the injections to be able to continue caring for the baby.

Good luck

amanda xx

doughnut
19-01-2008, 11:15 AM
Thanks Sarah, I have already introduced myself but its been a wee while so i will say hello again
kind regards
doughnut

Tily Bud
19-01-2008, 11:16 AM
Hi sorry i dont know about the care commision either but i sugest your first port of call would be the doctor or health visitor or district nurse so that they can talk to you and show you everything you need to know also i would ring the care commision to ask if this is enough or if you need more training x

doughnut
19-01-2008, 11:25 AM
Thanks Amanda, Im sure when the baby gets out of hospital the parents will advise me.
kind regards
doughnut

doughnut
19-01-2008, 11:37 AM
Hi sorry i dont know about the care commision either but i sugest your first port of call would be the doctor or health visitor or district nurse so that they can talk to you and show you everything you need to know also i would ring the care commision to ask if this is enough or if you need more training xThanks Cheryl i will speak to parents when they get out of hospital with the baby and see what they say.
kind regards
doughnut