PDA

View Full Version : containment schema for my own child (shes ill too)

Donkey
30-10-2008, 02:29 PM
can anyone give me some super wicked containment schema ideas??

I have observed my little girl over the past few months hiding objects, putting things inside one another. many a times I have found things hidden in places they ought not to be. her dummy in my handbag, pieces of a wooden puzzle in with the washing. I have just witnessed her stuffing her beloved tig tig (a tigger comforter) into a jiffy bag. Her wooden activity cubde has numbers that flip over on one side. so she posts everything and anything into it.

she has stacking cups and a fisher price turtle for her to post things inside
(among many other toys :rolleyes: )

(she is ill today, has diarrohea, good job no mindees this week, so we are vegging, me with the laptop and her with disney dvd after disney dvd, just to keep her happy. while I change loads of nappies. she is on her 8th since this morning, we have the rehydration fluid stuff and spoke to doctor and just offering her little snacks as and when)

so any ideas how I can develop this containment thing??

Donkey
30-10-2008, 03:21 PM
ok....

she has now taken to stuffing biscuits down the side of my settee!!!!!!!!!!!

help!!!!!!!!

:panic:

melanieabigail2004
30-10-2008, 04:04 PM
Hiya

How about

- Pots with things that she can fill them with
- Containers to fill in the bath or sink
- Dry play such as pasta and pots to fill
- Boxes and tents to go in
- Sand and a bucket
- Paper / Newspaper to wrap things in

That's what I would do - others may disagree :)

Hope she is better soon!

Mel

sarah707
30-10-2008, 04:32 PM
Great ideas from Mel there!

Have you looked here for inspiration?

http://www.visionwebsites.co.uk/Contents/Text/Index.asp?SiteId=468&SiteExtra=17910327&TopNavId=642&NavSideId=8925

I hope she gets better soon! xx

angeldelight
31-10-2008, 09:33 AM
How is your daughter today ?

Angel xx

Donkey
31-10-2008, 07:03 PM
still with the stinky poo's but not has bad. she is currently helping herself to all the books in the book case and pulling them out. then putting them into the empty 'bag for life' and chasing the cat around. :rolleyes:
she is still off food a little but much better

thanks for asking angel :)

sarah707
31-10-2008, 09:54 PM
Good to hear she's up to pottering around.

Hope she's better tomorrow xx

Donkey
31-10-2008, 10:16 PM
thanks sarah!

she pulled herself up on the safety gate at the bottom of the stairs and was trying to yell at the cat to come down stairs...
whenever he walks in the room we say aww kitty, so she was trying to shout kitty, sounded more like kttty, but she is getting there... then when I was getting her ready for her bath she decided to test the strength of the gate at the top of the stairs, queue me stood very close behind her...

think I need to get one of the gates the screw to the wall rather than a pressure one :)

beerheaven
31-10-2008, 11:35 PM
Funny you mentioned schemas - I was just thinking about basing my planning on these!
I thought of the following :-
wrapping dolls up in blankets in pram
crawling through tunnels
letters in envelopes
hiding objects in sand
sticking things on top of each other - layering on collage
Hope these make sense!

Hope your little girl is better in the morning and you have a good night's sleep!

Gherkin
02-11-2008, 09:31 PM
My daughter does this. She has done this to the back of the directors chair for the computer and now we cannot find it!!!!!:angry: Funnily enough Ellen cannot remember where she put it and I cannot find it!:angry: