PDA

View Full Version : ive been childminding since april, when would i need to send in my tax form ?

sammy
29-10-2008, 09:22 PM
ive never done this before???

Lou
29-10-2008, 09:27 PM
If you started in April this year then you will get a tax return sometime after next April.

The tax year runs april to april.

I presume you have informed them you are self employed?

As i say sometime after the end of tax year you will recieve a tax return which you can either fill in by hand or you can complete it online.

Trouble
29-10-2008, 09:28 PM
if your doing it on paper friday

on line jan 09

but im not sure about the first one, sorry not much help

i think it goes april til april, but not sure

sarah707
29-10-2008, 09:29 PM
Rascal is thinking about this year's tax returns... you might see some panicking posts knocking around!

If you started minding this April, then like Lou says you will get a tax return automatically sent you you next April 2009, to fill in for the year. :D

tulip0803
29-10-2008, 09:32 PM
If you only started in April 08 you will not need to do anything at the moment. The tax forms going in now are for the year April 07-April 08. You should have informed Inland Revenue that you are self-employed and they will send you forms after the end of the tax year (which is the begining of April 09). They will send you information with it and you can ring them for help with your forms then:D

sammy
29-10-2008, 09:54 PM
ok thanks, not sure how it all works, i am already down as self employed as im a director for my partners company, but he gets our accountant to sort it all out, so ive never done any of that stuff before!! whenever i get letters from tax he takes them straight to accountant,

Lou
29-10-2008, 09:58 PM
ok thanks, not sure how it all works, i am already down as self employed as im a director for my partners company, but he gets our accountant to sort it all out, so ive never done any of that stuff before!! whenever i get letters from tax he takes them straight to accountant,

ahh well if you have an accountant leave it to him/her lol

Trouble
29-10-2008, 10:22 PM
Rascal is thinking about this year's tax returns... you might see some panicking posts knocking around!

If you started minding this April, then like Lou says you will get a tax return automatically sent you you next April 2009, to fill in for the year. :D

thats why i put i think it goes from april til april at the bottom so people dont panick

im tired so i apologise if i caused panick

d