PDA

View Full Version : Mice!

gemhei
29-10-2008, 07:44 PM
My two cats are always outside and the older one even stays out all night too (shes even fed outside). For the last 3 days my younger cat has been bringing mice home and today my DS friend noticed and shouted 'look mum a rat!' :thumbsup: I explained it was a mouse and the cat brought it home. After theyd gone i realised it actually looks quite bad, what would you do? I dont want a parent turning up next week to find a mouse on the step. Shes never done this before but like i said its been 3 days in a row now :panic: .

littletreasures
29-10-2008, 07:51 PM
My cat's have done this. I have been clearing up a mouse as they knock on the door. Luckily the parent's laugh about it. Jokingly saying trying to keep more animals are you?

Unfortunately it is nature and you can't stop the cat from bringing things in. Perhaps explain to the parents that you disinfect and check to make sure there are no extra animals around.

My cat did this to me a while ago. I was sitting in the lounge with a kitten on my lap, when something caught my eye. Looked round and there staring back at me on the arm of the chair was a mouse. Had to shut the kittens in the other room and then get the cat into the lounge and shut the door, upend the sofa and chair so he could catch it and take it outside.

tulip0803
29-10-2008, 09:27 PM
We had this with next door's cats over the summer. I had to scout the garden and drive for dead mice and birds (once DH found a rabbit on the drive). Next door have moved and we now have 3 cats which we hope will stop any mice and rat populations (live in a rural area).

The cat thinks it is helping to feed you:D. She is contributing to the family food stocks - a perfectly natural cat behaviour. Better than having mice:D

Lou
29-10-2008, 09:29 PM
Yeah my cat does this too.

He stays out all night and most mornings brings us a "present" home!!!!

I just explain that i check outside before parents and children arrive!!

Trouble
29-10-2008, 10:28 PM
my cat also brings my presents

usually the neighbours prize goldfish:panic: she does have expensive taste:D

hello kitty
30-10-2008, 07:43 AM
We used to live in a barn conversion in the middle of corn fields. My lovely cute fluffy cats used to bring in dead RATS. Urrggg one look and I would be shouting for hubby to come and deal with it. ;)

Jules27
30-10-2008, 08:20 AM
We used to live in a barn conversion in the middle of corn fields. My lovely cute fluffy cats used to bring in dead RATS. Urrggg one look and I would be shouting for hubby to come and deal with it. ;)

eek!!! I am used to dead mice, shrews, birds, even had a rabbits foot on the door step two weeks ago (what happened to the rest of it ?????) but a RAT??? Think I would be sick!!! lol!!

angeldelight
30-10-2008, 10:09 AM
So glad I havent got a cat

:laughing: :laughing:

Angel xx

Rubybubbles
30-10-2008, 10:15 AM
after many many mice being brought into the house, I didn;t put a cat flap in the new house:laughing: I normally get they outside the back door now so the parents can;t see! In my last house the cats would sit on step with it still in their mouths as the school children walked past, and by the noise I knew the children had seena mouse in their mouths AGAIN

LOOPYLISA
30-10-2008, 10:55 AM
We have three, we have lots of pressies from them mice, birds, you name it :eek: :eek:

loocyloo
30-10-2008, 01:54 PM
LOL! my cat is terrible ... we don't have any birds on our garden now, and i am sure he has decimated the local mouse & shrew population! plus the odd rat or rabbit.

the children are always coming up to say that there is a dead mouse on the grass, by the playhouse, on the slide etc etc!! he often leaves them in the playroom too! last week we got home at lunchtime to find feathers all over the dining room ... cleared them up, had lunch, put little ones to bed ... ANOTHER pile of feathers in dining room !!!

the best one was when one of my little ones came in saying 'look what i've found, can i show mummy?' .. yep another dead mouse! i said no! she was the only parent who would not have taken it well !!

and i once found a dead mouse carefully on display on the mantlepiece! to this day i have no idea if the cat left it there, or a helpful child !!!

xxx

Donkey
30-10-2008, 03:45 PM
I have had a few dead birds, a mouse or too, but my cat is getting old, so he doesnt do it all the time...

his prefernece is moths... he goes berserk if there is a moth in the house.
saw him do a full 360 back flip, no idea how he did it!!!
that was back in his younger days...

its in their nature, nothing you can do really!

Monkey1
30-10-2008, 03:56 PM
my cat also brings my presents

usually the neighbours prize goldfish:panic: she does have expensive taste:D

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Mine brings birds!