PDA

View Full Version : Halloween Playdough

busylizzie
29-10-2008, 06:51 PM
I made some playdough with the children today,let them measure it ,mix it etc and we cooked black and orange squiggy dough.I gave them a selection of different sized spiders (Daddy, Mummy,Baby sized) to hide in it, press into it etc. The children were enthralled and entertained for quite a while ( 1 to 5 yrs all enjoying together)

Ive used the recipe many times, it lasts for about 3 months.Ill post it if any one wants it (its my favourite one) You can use it in lots of diffrent ways eg add glitter etc.

hello kitty
29-10-2008, 07:30 PM
Recipe please.

I'm a play dough virgin!! I only used bought stuff. :blush:

tomthumb
29-10-2008, 07:36 PM
I'd love a good recipe too!
Somebody was telling me the other day about a microwave recipe that was really good. I never tried making my own either!

Elodie X

busylizzie
29-10-2008, 07:40 PM
Play Dough Recipes
and
Homemade Craft Recipes
IMPORTANT: These play dough recipes and other kid craft recipes on this page should not be eaten. They're meant for craft fun only. So have fun and be safe!

Play Dough Recipes

Cooked Play Dough

3 cups flour
1 cup salt
6 teaspoons cream of tartar
3 cups water
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
Food coloring

Mix flour, salt, and cream of tartar in a large saucepan. Blend water and oil together in a bowl. Add to the saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until it thickens. Add several drops of food coloring until you get the right color. Cook for about five minutes. Take the play dough out of the saucepan and put it on a cutting board or counter and knead for a few minutes. Add flour if it's too sticky.

This play dough should last around three months if you keep it sealed in an airtight container or plastic ziplock bag. It's so smooth and fun to play with when it's still warm.

Enjoy:)

Trouble
29-10-2008, 09:52 PM
i would love to make some but the salt makes my hands so itchy:panic:

sounds good though:clapping: :clapping:

miffy
29-10-2008, 09:55 PM
I use that recipe too - got it years ago from a lady at playgroup.

It's dead easy to make and keeps for ages

Miffy xx

madasahatter
29-10-2008, 10:50 PM
I added a good tablespoon of cinnamon to my orange halloween playdough. It smells lovely....mmmmm:)

Tily Bud
29-10-2008, 10:53 PM
Think i might try this tomorrow x thanks

Polly2
30-10-2008, 11:08 AM
I use that recipe but use baby oil instead of cooking oil. It makes it kinder on hands

zoex
30-10-2008, 11:48 AM
just wanted to say to rascal, you dont have to put salt in the playdough but you wouldnt be able to keep it for longer than a day or to. one of my friends has a reaction to the salt too so she just makes it with out the salt now and throws it away. :-)

angeldelight
31-10-2008, 10:05 AM
Thanks for that

Angel xx

tomthumb
31-10-2008, 07:03 PM
Thank you very much, will be trying it this weekend!!

Elodie

tulip0803
31-10-2008, 07:15 PM
I use that recipe but use baby oil instead of cooking oil. It makes it kinder on hands

I will try that:)