PDA

View Full Version : Vertbaudet

Schnakes
29-10-2008, 01:34 PM
Has anyone else used this company before?

I placed an order with them in September for a bookcase (£40) and a cupboard (£160). The bookcase arrived and I found it was really shoddy. The bolts they provided didnt fit the holes properly, so fell out. The whole thing is now held together with superglue!!

The cupboard took forever to arrive and when it did there wasnt any bulding instructions. I phoned to ask for some...a month later I still havent had any instructions so I phoned to tell them I want a refund and they said they will send a courier to collect the cupboard (although I now have to find some way of boxing it up because I discarded the packaging when I opened it. I had to rip it to open the package anyway, so it would have been useless even if I had kept it. ). When I asked the man on the phone how I would know when the courier would come he said "they will be there in two to five days" and I asked about my refund and he said it will go back onto your account.

It was only after I put the phone down that I thought - what does he mean "on my account" does he mean a Vertbaudet account or my bank account? Has anyone had any dealings with these awful people before? What was your experience?

Sx

Hebs
29-10-2008, 01:43 PM
hi,

i have ordered clothes from them and never had any problems

xx

samgeordie
29-10-2008, 01:48 PM
ive ordered clothes from them and its all been fine, no idea about furniture, sorry. Maybe phone back to clarify what "account" they mean

Mollymop
29-10-2008, 02:07 PM
I have an account with them and I do like them. But sometimes the odrers take a while to come (about 2 weeks). I ordered the blue child's bookcase from them a few months back and it went together ok.
The only main prob I have found is you order somehting and then a week or so later they send you a letter to tell you it is not in stock, so you won't be getting it. But they do give you 20% off your next order. But this does happen quite a lot to be honest.

LittleMissSparkles
29-10-2008, 02:10 PM
i've ordered storage from them before and been quite happy with it but it is a bit rickety and constantly needs tightning up xxx

shopshelleyd
29-10-2008, 08:06 PM
hi, i've had lots off them clothes and furniture and always been excellent. Have a wooden kitchen, tables and chairs, and dressing tables, bought about 5years ago and all still lovely. Never had any delivery problems either and always get good discounts, always sending emails with 20% off etc. :)

miffy
29-10-2008, 10:08 PM
Only ever ordered a bookcase in the sale and that was fine - no probs on delivery or putting together.

They do send loads of e-mails and letters offering discounts though

Sorry you've had problems and hope you get it sorted

Miffy xx

angeldelight
30-10-2008, 07:28 AM
Sounds like you have been unlucky

Hope you sort it out

Angel xx

charleyfarley
30-10-2008, 07:50 AM
Sorry to hear you've had problems with them.

I've dealt with them for years and never had any problems except as Sandra said waiting for goods and then being told they are out of stock.

I hope you get it sorted soon

Carol xx

Pedagog
30-10-2008, 08:32 AM
I have used them for years and never had problems, customer service is excellent, I would give them a call.