PDA

View Full Version : still waiting for the care commision

roseybev
28-10-2008, 10:15 PM
ive now been waiting since the begining of june for my inspection and there no sign and a dont think there anything i can do?.and i know deep down it they will just turn up at 330pm and there will be 2 of them .this will be by 3 year they have done this to me and when i ask why i am the only one in the area that gets 2 of them the answer is because we can i ask them why i get 2 of them and the answer was we can ,i dont fell i have done anything wrong but since i have bought this new house on my own ,this has been going on i feel that they are out to find fault when they are ment to be guilding us .so i dont like them at all and sometimes fell it where your face fits but it trying to prove that .:angry: :angry: :angry: sorry for the moan x

sarah707
28-10-2008, 10:39 PM
It's really hard trying to stay positive when you feel everyone is against you isn't it?

I'm not sure how they work in Scotland but is it worth asking for some support before the inspectors come?

I know in England lots of childminders have visits from their local support people who can give suggestions for how to improve and advice about the kinds of things Ofsted are looking for when they inspect.

I know you're not Ofsted, but if something like this was available to you it might help.

I'm sure some of our Scottish members will be along to give more advice :D

angeldelight
29-10-2008, 10:35 AM
oh we dont mind you having a moan and cant say i blame you

Hope things start moving for you soon

Angel xx

fionamal
29-10-2008, 11:28 AM
The Care Commission are a law untoo themselves.

I was inspected in May and only got 1 officer this time where as the last twice there were 2 of them. I got 1 days warning of her coming so maybe this time it will be just the one of them as I know they are struggling to get round everyone this year.

Why not give them a call and ask when you can expect a visit, if you dont ask you'll never know.

Good luck

samgeordie
29-10-2008, 01:51 PM
I would phone them up to find out whats happening. Have you completed your self assessment? They ask you to do this first and you have 4 weeks to complete it, then they will be in contact to arrange your inspection. Ive yet to be inspected as i only started minding in aug but a childminder friend got inspected on monday, it was over in 40mins and only 1 inspector, she got about a weeks notice of the visit as well. Best to phone and see what they say

Pudding Girl
29-10-2008, 05:12 PM
I don't see what difference it makes if there are two?

As to it being late, yes I know in our area they are about 3-4 months behind, due to the grading coming in I suppose.

I did find out though this week that each year upto 25% of CM will be random FULL inspections, not only on the 3 or 4 focus areas relating to the statements on the Eform, but the WHOLE LOT of the statements! They'd be there all day!

Hope you hear soon anyway! Did you get told to submit your Eform yet?

Fairydust
29-10-2008, 07:08 PM
I have been waiting since March! Told inspection would be four weeks from my online assessment thingy and I am still waiting - in my area all of us Childminders have heard nothing! Oh how I hate waiting!! Of course you know when they will appear dont you? When mindee is having a nap, I have tidied up a bit, put the kettle on and opened a large KitKat!!!! :panic: :panic:

roseybev
30-10-2008, 08:40 AM
assement done june and ive been on phone and got no where:angry: when it 2 of them 1 ask to see the paper work the other walks about my house looking for faults and ask my mindee lots of question .i dont have anything to hide but i feel theey are there to subport you not look for faults and this angers me ,my daughter lives with me i spoke to them when she was 3 months preg about it and they said that was ok ,i never thought anymore about it.thought i done everything right now baby here they say i never spoke to them about it and say that the baby may be counted in my numbers because she is in the house while i am working .i did say that my daughter is reponsible for her daughter they then came back and said it is because of the size of house this may be a problem,i have a 4 bed det.scottish childminding asso said the size of floor space is to do with nursey and playgroups and not childminders ive rote to them and they said they will decu this in my inspe so ihave to wait for them and as we know they think they are above everyone eles:angry: i am glad ive got that of my chest this morning

angeldelight
30-10-2008, 08:42 AM
You sound fed up

I am sure things will start moving for you soon then you can put this behind you

Fingers crossed

Angel xx