PDA

View Full Version : February Celebration?

button68
18-01-2008, 06:42 PM
I haven't got a celebrations calander yet :blush:

Could someone tell be other than Valentines and Chinese New Year is there any the significant celebtaion coming up?

Just trying to plan ahead.

Oh and if I could be EXTRA cheeky ...... can anyone point me in the right direction for celebration listing, iyswim.

littlestar
18-01-2008, 06:46 PM
theres pancake day!20th feb

littlestar
18-01-2008, 06:49 PM
Oh and if I could be EXTRA cheeky ...... can anyone point me in the right direction for celebration listing, iyswim.[/QUOTE]

try your local council i got one from luton bourough council

fionamal
18-01-2008, 06:49 PM
Theres Superbowl (American Football) 4th Feb

manjay
18-01-2008, 06:58 PM
Lorri posted this one recently

http://www.childmindinginfo.com/Multicultural_Calendar.htm

5th Mardi Gras

http://www.mardigrasday.com/

http://www.woodlands-junior.kent.sch.uk/Homework/religion/calendar.htm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/religion/tools/calendar/

amanda xx

button68
18-01-2008, 07:02 PM

Yuk!! There's one to forget! I hate pancakes, even the smell of them cooking makes me want to heave http://easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/free-sick-smileys-515.gif (http://easyfreesmileys.com/)

I ate loads of them when I was around 5 years old and was very, very unwell :(

miffy
18-01-2008, 09:48 PM

I thought pancake day was 5th Feb

Miffy xx

manjay
18-01-2008, 10:11 PM
I thought pancake day was 5th Feb

Miffy xx

It is!

amanda xx

sarah707
19-01-2008, 08:49 AM
In February I am planning for -

1st - Groundhog Day - a bit of fun with repeating things and if the children are old enough we get out the film - we'll also find out some things about the groundhog (aka a woodchuck - it's quite a cute little rodent).

I made a mistake with this one on my calendar :blush: Got it muddled with Candlemas, which is the day in the Christian faith when Jesus was presented at the Temple and believers light candles / church candles are blessed.

5th - Shrove Tuesday - we make pancakes and there is some lovely colouring and a recipe on Silkysteps.

7th - Chinese New Year - I found a really nice sheet on the new downloads from Sparklebox for this.

14th - Valentines Day - we make cards for significant male figures in the children's lives and I always check with families before making to see what the male is called (or if there is one!).

21st - Love your pet day - if children have pets it's nice to talk about looking after them and make them a card.

28th - plan in advance for Mothers Day, which leaps at you early in March...

29th - is leap day this year, so we'll talk about the months rhyme and see who can count all the way to 29 on the calendar!

There's also Potato Day - 3rd - potato activities, printing, eating, examining closely, growing tubers etc; Mardi Gras - 5th - make a carnival in the garden; Vasant Panchami - 11th - dedicated to the Hindu godess Saraswati and marking the start of spring in the Hindu religion; Chinese lantern festival - 21st - if we are inspired after Chinese NY and didn't have time then, we might make some lanterns.

Hope this helps!

miffy
19-01-2008, 04:34 PM
Thanks Sarah for all the ideas

Miffy xx

Monkey1
19-01-2008, 07:42 PM
In February I am planning for -

1st - Groundhog Day - a bit of fun with repeating things and if the children are old enough we get out the film - we'll also find out some things about the groundhog (aka a woodchuck - it's quite a cute little rodent).

I made a mistake with this one on my calendar :blush: Got it muddled with Candlemas, which is the day in the Christian faith when Jesus was presented at the Temple and believers light candles / church candles are blessed.

5th - Shrove Tuesday - we make pancakes and there is some lovely colouring and a recipe on Silkysteps.

7th - Chinese New Year - I found a really nice sheet on the new downloads from Sparklebox for this.

14th - Valentines Day - we make cards for significant male figures in the children's lives and I always check with families before making to see what the male is called (or if there is one!).

21st - Love your pet day - if children have pets it's nice to talk about looking after them and make them a card.

28th - plan in advance for Mothers Day, which leaps at you early in March...

29th - is leap day this year, so we'll talk about the months rhyme and see who can count all the way to 29 on the calendar!

There's also Potato Day - 3rd - potato activities, printing, eating, examining closely, growing tubers etc; Mardi Gras - 5th - make a carnival in the garden; Vasant Panchami - 11th - dedicated to the Hindu godess Saraswati and marking the start of spring in the Hindu religion; Chinese lantern festival - 21st - if we are inspired after Chinese NY and didn't have time then, we might make some lanterns.

Hope this helps!

Sarah, where do you get your energy from ?xxxx

sarah707
19-01-2008, 09:28 PM
Sarah, where do you get your energy from ?xxxx

It's easier than doing nothing! Or thinking what to do every day...

And I've got all the planning from the last few years... :p

manjay
19-01-2008, 09:29 PM
It's easier than doing nothing! Or thinking what to do every day...

And I've got all the planning from the last few years... :p

Maybe it is because you don't have a wayward husband to clean up after!! Haha

amanda xx

sarah707
19-01-2008, 09:35 PM
Maybe it is because you don't have a wayward husband to clean up after!! Haha
amanda xx

My life has certainly been much easier and less complicated since he went :laughing:

Just me and 2 big ones to think about... and they go to their dad's house a lot of the time... so I can sit here and tap away :D

son77
21-01-2008, 02:39 PM
sarahnev707 - you forgot one important celebration in Feb, on the 21st It's also my birthday!!!

littlestar
21-01-2008, 02:43 PM
i cant believe my calanda says that pancake day is feb 20th how am i supposed to get things right if there telling me the wrong info might need to get a diff one thanks

sarah707
21-01-2008, 05:48 PM
sarahnev707 - you forgot one important celebration in Feb, on the 21st It's also my birthday!!!

Sorry Sonya! :blush: