1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup granulated (caster) sugar
2 large eggs, beaten
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 to 3/4 cup chopped pecans or raisins
cinnamon-sugar, optional

Preparation:
Directions for Pumpkin Muffins

In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Stir to blend

In separate bowl, combine pumpkin, melted butter, milk or half-and-half, the beaten eggs, sugars, and vanilla; mix until blended.

Stir pumpkin mixture into the dry ingredients until moistened. Fold in pecans or raisins. Do not overmix.

Line 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners or grease well and dust with flour. I use a baking spray. Fill the about 3/4-full with the pumpkin muffins batter, sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar if desired, and bake at 375° for 20 to 25 minutes.

Serve warm or at room temperature. Makes 12 to 16 pumpkin muffins.

OKay, to anglify that recipe (this is best I can do using my instant converter),

1/3 cup is 82.50 millilitres
1/2 cup is 125 millilitrees
1/4 cup is 62.50 millilitres

And a 15-16 oz can of pumpkin puree is about 453.60 grams of fresh pumpkin flesh (just make sure to steam an then drain it really well first).

Also, I am much more generous than that with the spices and I also chuck in a pinch of ground cloves, too.

Cinnamon sugar is something we do in the States where (just like it sounds) you combine ground cinnamon and caster sugar, shake it all up and then sprinkle it on toast or muffins or even in hot chocolate. I always have a pot of it mixed and at the ready. Loooove it!

Ooops, forgot to add that 375 degrees is gas mark 5 or 190 C.

Tatia
28-10-2008, 08:37 AM
Sorry! Just proofreading to make sure I caught all changes.

2 cups is 500 millilitres
And half and half would be probably like single cream

angeldelight
28-10-2008, 08:41 AM
Thanks for that Tatia

Also thanks for the great instructions

I will give it a go and let you know if they turn out like yours ha

Angel xx

Tatia
28-10-2008, 08:45 AM
I just started using this recipe last year. I had an old one and then searched for a new one and like it much better. Can't remember where I got it from though. Just know it's delicious!

Word to the wise though, I'd use cupcake liners rather than greasing the tins. Muffins can get a bit sticky and break up when you try to remove them from pan otherwise.

Walnuts are good, too. In fact, I prefer them to pecans. But I never, never add rasins to anything. Horrid, chewy, sticky, nasty things.:panic:

nell57
28-10-2008, 08:50 AM
Thank you, you're a star

More importantly thanks for the conversions

I have nearly all the ingredients in the cupbourd except for evaporated milk, which can get from local shop.

Helen

Tatia
28-10-2008, 08:56 AM
Can you guys find canned pumpkin puree? Or should I say tinned?:) I've gotten it from Waitrose before but in The States, you can buy it dirt cheap from any grocery store. It's like liquid gold over here.:rolleyes:

I end up having 10 jack'o'lanterns every year so I can scrape and freeze the flesh to have enough for pies, muffins, cookies and soups!

Twinkles
28-10-2008, 08:59 AM
They sound yummy , Thank you :thumbsup:

nell57
28-10-2008, 09:34 AM
Can you guys find canned pumpkin puree? Or should I say tinned?:) I've gotten it from Waitrose before but in The States, you can buy it dirt cheap from any grocery store. It's like liquid gold over here.:rolleyes:

I end up having 10 jack'o'lanterns every year so I can scrape and freeze the flesh to have enough for pies, muffins, cookies and soups!

I have 2 quite biggish pumpkins, do you think that will do?

Other wise will have to sens hubby out on mission tonight looking for the tinned stuff:laughing:

Helen

Tatia
28-10-2008, 09:30 PM
Every year I mean to committ to paper just how many cups or grams you get out of a pumpkin but every year, I always forget!:blush: I think 2 biggish pumpkins should do unless you're baking for an army.:)