PDA

View Full Version : Trying to get organised

mum2two
18-01-2008, 06:35 PM
Well, I've had no kids til after school today, so been able to knuckle down & take a look at my EYFS pack at last.

Tring to think of ways to incorporate it all, plus planning & observation, plus evidence for ofsted etc...

I've had an idea & would like someone who understands it a bit more than me for their opinion as to if it's a good idea or not.

Looking through the book it lists everthing a child should be able to do by the end of the EYFS, which is 5. I was thinking if when a child starts with me, to create a cover with name, picture, DOB & start date on, then print off like a checklist for each area, with the list for each from the book, and tick off with a date when the child reaches it. Obviously I know there are bits they would reach before starting school, but ofsted & parents can see I'm working towards the early learning goals.

Then after the checklist in each section have photos or pictures etc the kids have done, stating which part of the EYFS the child is working towards.

Then give it to the parents when they start school, and it evidence for ofsted & communication with the parents (I wouldn't want them taking it home every night though or it would get lost, so would not replace a daily diary), but maybetake home at the end of every month to look through.

Does this sound like I'm creating too much work for myself, or does it sound do-able? Is this the kind of thing Ofsted will be looking for when we're inspected...

Thanks in advance

Kelly x

littlestar
18-01-2008, 06:41 PM
sounds like a brill idea well done just personally i wouldnt let them take it home if you only doing one copy i would just let the parents no its there if they would like to see and give them a small daily diary to take home mentioning it so there aware of it thats what i would do knowing me i wouldnt get it back and it would be a shame if all your hard work got ruined or lost.

ajs
18-01-2008, 06:52 PM
sounds great something i sort of do already but not as detailed
i just have a file for each child (which i need to update now due to eyfs)
with phots and evidence in but linking it to the elg and eyfs sounds lovely
it may be hard setting it up but once you've got it set up and update it regularly it shouldn't be too much extra work

let us know how it goes

mandy xx

sarah707
19-01-2008, 09:04 AM
That's what I'm going to be doing, but like Marlene says I'm not sending the whole thing home (I'm not sure it would come back!)

I will send a little daily diary home like I do now and encourage parents to feedback and write in that... then write up a learning journey when I have the time...

'EYFS - Observations' - now on the website :D

miffy
19-01-2008, 04:42 PM
Sounds as though you've got everything covered :)

Miffy xx

wellybelly
19-01-2008, 04:46 PM
I'm trying too