PDA

View Full Version : Newsletters

hbomb1
27-10-2008, 04:55 PM
Do any of you do newsletters for parents, and if so what do you put in them?

I am considering doing one for my parents but not quite sure what to put in it.

brillminder
27-10-2008, 05:17 PM
reminder for holidays , interests and planned trips :) photos

sarah707
27-10-2008, 05:50 PM
I'm doing one now for the end of the month.

They go out with bills every month.

I put in notes about what we've done, where we've been, what we're doing, holiday dates, reminders... all sorts of bits and bobs. I normally fill a page :D

Monkey1
27-10-2008, 05:52 PM
I usually do one each half term with a rough guide of my planning, courses, birthdays, leavers, newbies, dates for the diary etc etc

mjw
27-10-2008, 06:01 PM
I do termly ones. I say what children are new to setting, new babies that have been born, goodbyes to other children, what topics we may cover, trainings i will be on , reminders about holiday dates, suitable clothing , new developments in childminding.......
Mary

madasahatter
27-10-2008, 06:16 PM
I do one once a month (ish), though the last ones were six weeks apart as I had all on doing my final assignments for the 2 OU modules I was doing. I include important dates, things I know are planned (special outings etc), a brief outline of my planning for the next month with ideas for how they can support their child at home (songs, books, collecting various things).

LittleMissSparkles
27-10-2008, 06:22 PM
Ive decided not to do them any more, i've come to realise that they dont get read, at least by my parents anyway so all the time and effort i put in is a waste, time i could use else where. xxx

teacake2
27-10-2008, 06:37 PM
I just do one a month now and put it on the notice board because I know they weren't reading them if I put them in their bags.
Teacake2:( :( :(

sammy
27-10-2008, 08:53 PM
yes i do one monthly, im not sure how i would add it on here to show you, but i know my parents and children read it because they comment on it, which is nice.

loocyloo
27-10-2008, 09:05 PM
i just add comments about holiday dates/reminders/my training courses/anything interesting etc to the bottom of the invoice i email out!

in september i added on the information sheet on EYFS that came with who minds for everyone, whether or not they had under 5's! the under 5's parents got an info sheet about the observations etc i will be doing , and then everyone got a parents questionaire ( these i handed to each parent in person ... still not got any back!!!)

i'm not sure anyone really read it, but then they can't say they didn't get copy of dates etc, as i know if they get their invoice!!!!

xx

Gherkin
27-10-2008, 09:07 PM
Quartlerly with hols dates, training infor, general things going on. Used to do newbies and goodbyes but then worried about confidentiallity so scrapped that.

fiona
27-10-2008, 09:21 PM
hello.... i do mine every term, letting the parents know what we have planned and the term topic, also new things groups, mindees etc, any reminder dates, holidays and birthdays, i also include any permission slips that may be needed for that term to be signed and returned within 48hrs! mine seem to get read, but then i've only done 2 so far haha....!!!!

hbomb1
28-10-2008, 07:09 AM
Thank you all for your replies. You have given me plenty of ideas and I think I will have a go at doing one today.

:D