PDA

View Full Version : Received a letter.....

abba1772
27-10-2008, 03:02 PM
from the lady accusing me of not feeding her son. here is a snippet

Under these circumstnces we will not be paying any further fees, we will however be more that hppy to reply or answer to any further communication with yourself or ofsted

received this after sending them a letter of termination explaining fees were due whether or not they leave their son in my care.

well i was being civil in that letter, i have a minimum of 10 hours a week and told them they could pay 4 weeks of that. And they tell me they are not paying.

Got onto NCMA legal advice (who were lovely btw) and they have advised me that i should be charging them for the 2 weeks already booked (parents were on monthly shift patterns) then charge them for the remaining 2 weeks at £35 which will take me past the £150 mark and then if they don't pay i will getting a claim pack from NMCA and let them do their stuff.

had enough, think they can get away with not paying fees and they thought they could terminate the contract by phone

wish me luck ladies x x x

LittleMissSparkles
27-10-2008, 03:05 PM
do it babe, I am a the moment counter claiming against a parent who's contract i terminated in March who refused to pay me my 4 weeks termination notice but then has the ****** cheek to say i owe her money !!!

fight it all the way babe im behind you every step xxx

Pipsqueak
27-10-2008, 03:09 PM
It might be worth giving Ofsted a call and explaining the situation to them saying you are expecting a malicious complaint and give them very basic details - culminating in that you feel you have been "set up" by these parents so they can avoid paying you. Basically prempt her.

keep all documentation you receive or send, notes of any texts (keep the text), whom you have spoken to and when and what was said (be it Ofsted, NCMA, DO or this lady).

What a nightmare - chase your money hun xxx

abba1772
27-10-2008, 03:17 PM
It might be worth giving Ofsted a call and explaining the situation to them saying you are expecting a malicious complaint and give them very basic details - culminating in that you feel you have been "set up" by these parents so they can avoid paying you. Basically prempt her. Did this on the day i received a phone call from the father and checked today with ofsted if a complaint had been recived as she mentioned them in the letter, guy says she's probably trying to put the frightners on me lol

keep all documentation you receive or send, notes of any texts (keep the text), whom you have spoken to and when and what was said (be it Ofsted, NCMA, DO or this lady). have kept a copy of the letter i sent ans stapled the recorded delivery slip onto it and put the letter i received today in the boys folder as well.
What a nightmare - chase your money hun xxx

I also have a message left on my answering machine, just saying called me back asap, can i use this?????

does anyone know how to word this letter on the advice of ncma legal

thanks girls

mum2two
27-10-2008, 03:39 PM
I am in the process of taking someone to court through NCMA. Must warn you that you have to be on the ball with them, and keep chasing them to follow up their letters...

I just wrote something along the lines of 'Further to the letter received from you regarding non payment of fees, I am writing to advise you that I have spoken to my solicitor, and upon their advice, if payment of £xxx is not received from you by x date, then I will have no other alternative than to pass the matter over to them to begin proceedings, which can result in being taken to court, with any costs incurred being charged to you.

It's not particularly polite, or very nice, but it's to the point! You're not beating around the bush, 'threatening' anything, you are simply advising them of the procedure.

They'll prob think you're bluffing, and will ignore it or some back with something else, but hopefully once they get an official letter headed from the sols, it might make them think twice. They're not going to want to end up with a CCJ against their name!!

Hope you get your money.

Kelly x

Pipsqueak
27-10-2008, 03:53 PM
have pm'd you

be strong and fight for what is yours

xxx

abba1772
27-10-2008, 03:57 PM
got your pm pipsqueak again you are one in a million thank you very much

ncma legal have told me to charge for the 2 weeks already booked, might be hard to prove but hey if it takes it over £150 then they will fight it for me. If they can't prove it then they asked about late payment fees which i said i have as well so either way it's going to be over £150.

has anyone had success with ncma fighting for them, if so how long did it take x x x

mum2two
27-10-2008, 04:13 PM
Mines been going on since May! Last letter I had from sols said 'It's being passed to the courts to issue papers, so you may not hear anything from us for a few months...!' :eek:

That's reminded me - I must chase it up to make sure I haven't got forgotten about at the bottom of a pile somewhere! :rolleyes:

Kelly x

PixiePetal
27-10-2008, 04:48 PM
Isn't it sad when you have cared for their most treasured little ones and it all comes down to money, which suddenly becomes more important to them
:(

abba1772
27-10-2008, 04:55 PM
Isn't it sad when you have cared for their most treasured little ones and it all comes down to money, which suddenly becomes more important to them
:(

it is very sad when thats all it boils down too, when i had a childminder and she gave me notice to go to another job i never treat her like this

makes you think

miffy
27-10-2008, 06:42 PM
Good luck - I hope the letter is enough to make them pay up without having to drag it all out through the courts

Miffy xx

abba1772
27-10-2008, 06:43 PM
Good luck - I hope the letter is enough to make them pay up without having to drag it all out through the courts

Miffy xx

I'm hoping too, but i think this one will get messy, just a feeling i suppose x x x

miffy
27-10-2008, 06:47 PM
Fingers crossed then - you never know :thumbsup:

Miffy xx

LisaH
27-10-2008, 07:50 PM
can't offer any advise that hasnt already been said but I do wish you luck and hope all works out well for you.:)

tulip0803
27-10-2008, 08:37 PM
Good luck. Hope that it doesn't drag on and she sees sense.

Little Pumpkins
28-10-2008, 06:38 PM
I had to take a parent to county court and I won, it was stressing, problem is the y have defied the court and not paid, so i have to yet again contact court tomorrow