PDA

View Full Version : Part time hours

jackandjill
27-10-2008, 02:43 PM
Hello everyone

I have been advertising for 2 weeks now and have only had 2 enquires both part time.:(

1st is 3 days starting february 2009
2nd is 1 maybe 2 days a week

Just wondering if there seems alot of people who only want part time
Really wanted 2 full timers and rest part timers but guess its better than nothing

Thanks Sarah

ChocolateChip
27-10-2008, 02:48 PM
I have all part timers, one Mon, Wed, Fri, one Tues, Wed, Thu, and one Fri only.
I only started in Feb, so it hasn't taken me too long to build up, I only have 1 space left on Mon, Tue, Thu, but I also have before and after schoolers so the money is OK at the mo.
There was another thread recently, about the demand for f/t care dropping, will try to find it.

Anyone else noticed that childcare requirements seem much more short term nowadays? by yummy mummy
on the next page of threads, hth.

Polly2
27-10-2008, 04:48 PM
I have only 1 full timer. The rest are p/t and I am full!

tulip0803
27-10-2008, 05:06 PM
I have only ever had one full-time child, the first one I ever had. Everyone else has been part-time. I was full most of the time but with part-time children:)

childmind04
27-10-2008, 05:15 PM
Im the opposite i have only just took on my first part timers and they worked out full mon,tue and wed for one and thu , fri the other, all my contracts have been over 35 hours with 3 being for 45 hours, not sure what is harder as i like it when they are fulltime and you get to know the child as the part time one i have by the Wed he has just started to get used to my ways and he has to start again on a monday :rolleyes:

Susan

breezy
27-10-2008, 06:13 PM
I've got 6 part timers, it works well for me

ruby
27-10-2008, 06:44 PM
at the moment we have 2 full timers the rest are part time but i like it that way as no 2 days are the same with all the different childlren coming and going

cathy