PDA

View Full Version : Need to scream - aarrrrrghhh!!!!

MissTinkerbell
27-10-2008, 11:26 AM
Just recieved my cheque for refund for my first aid course from peterborough City Council and the stupid people have made it out to my childminding business instead of me.:censored:

Phone them up to sort it out - I can get through to Customer Services easily enough and then they put me through to Payments who say "Sorry we are busy, phone back later" then hang up!!!!!!!!! would be different if I owed them money!

Need to scream :angry: :censored: :angry:

Mollymop
27-10-2008, 11:59 AM
Oh poor you! How long will it take for them to send out another cheque? Hope it all gets sorted soon xx

MissTinkerbell
27-10-2008, 01:07 PM
Goodness knows! But I need to speak to someone first and that's proving difficult - maybe I should just go down there instead. It may only be £75 and a drop in the ocean to them but it'll go a long way to buying a few Xmas pressies. Bet it would be different if I owed them money!!

breezy
27-10-2008, 01:10 PM
ask to be put through to management, or go down there and wait (preferably with loads of screaming kids) until they've done it:)

tomthumb
27-10-2008, 01:18 PM
Oh no!! I know how you feel! so annoying when they don't pick up the phone!
a few years back, when I started my french school, I had 30 cheques with my business name on and didn't have a business account!! Didn't think parents would put name of business! I had to go to the bank and quickly open a business account so I could get my money! :panic:

Good luck and hope it gets sorted!

Elodie

MissTinkerbell
27-10-2008, 03:43 PM
ask to be put through to management, or go down there and wait (preferably with loads of screaming kids) until they've done it:)

Well i could always threaten to set my little Ollie on them!!! He's very good at destroying things - I don't think thbey'd appreciate a 2 year old wrecking their offices.

sarah707
27-10-2008, 04:08 PM

I did that once at a company who owed me money.

I took my own 2 children plus another 4 and my friend (some were her children!) came too.

We sat in the reception and fed the children a picnic lunch while telling everyone who came in that we were waiting for my money which was owed to me... in very loud voices.

Funny but it didn't take long for a cheque to appear :laughing: