PDA

View Full Version : Social Services Payments?

twise
18-01-2008, 05:25 PM
I'm meeting with another parent tomorrow who wants after school care for two days a week...as we ended the conversation he said that social services will be paying me and the social worker will be contacting me on Monday to discuss payments.......what does this mean,?

Tracy

sarah707
18-01-2008, 05:30 PM
You will definitely get your money but it might not be on time :laughing:

Social services have paid me in the past - they do it to support families who might be going through a hard time or for people who need time out for job seeking etc.

littlestar
18-01-2008, 05:30 PM
maybe its a foster child or something similar? i have no idea sorry

twise
18-01-2008, 05:35 PM
When i had my registration, the inspector said that if you get anything from social services you should up your fees to £10ph:eek: ...i don't know whether to or not.

When you say they don't pay on time....don't they pay by bacs.

tracy

Twinkles
18-01-2008, 05:42 PM
I did some work for social sesvices a few years ago and I charged well above the going rate. I really earned my money though the child had very 'challenging' behaviour. His mum was doing community service and he came from a very disrupted home so it was understandable.

twise
18-01-2008, 05:43 PM
omg!!!!!!:eek:

sarah707
18-01-2008, 05:44 PM
When you say they don't pay on time....don't they pay by bacs. tracy

It was a while ago now, but I remember they paid when they wanted, rather than when I billed... :D

ajs
18-01-2008, 05:48 PM
i used to look after a really fantastic little boy who was paid for by the social services i just billed his social worker and it was paid the end of the next month it was a pain at first but we soon got used to it and it did mean thet a month after he left i was still being paid for him.

if you can do it and like the family take them on and try it you could explain to the social worker that you'll give it a month to see if they settle

custardcream
18-01-2008, 05:51 PM
I have done work for the social services, you will always get your money but like sarah said, it will be late, and also charge extra, they tend to pay what ever you ask for, and not to put you off, there are normally some difficult circumstances involved and they will only tell you what they feel you need to know, which normally is not very much.

angeldelight
18-01-2008, 05:55 PM
Social Services gave me a invoice to fill in every week once we had come to an agreement about payment

I also did a contract for them
Because allthough your contract is with the parent they are not the ones paying are they so if they end up not turning up etc then who pays ? Do you get what I mean

So I had 2 contracts
One for parents
One simple one for social services explaining if parent turned up late they must pay late payments - if parent did not show ( which a lot of the time she did not ) then I still expected payment

Social services had to have a meeting about it to agree to this haha
But they did - they tried to tell me how to run my business but I was having none of it

They paid me every month in arrears
They always pay up but can be late with payments which is sometimes a pain if you need it

Angel xx

twise
18-01-2008, 06:10 PM
Thanks i never thought about the 2 contracts...thats a good idea.

Unfortunately i have had many dealings with social services over the past 6 years as i care for an elderley relative with learning difficulties and i know that they have to have a meetings about having a meeting and whenever you phone them they are always in a meeting:angry:

tracy

sarah707
18-01-2008, 06:13 PM
they have to have a meetings about having a meeting and whenever you phone them they are always in a meeting:angry: tracy

While I understand fully how angry that must make you Tracy... you have made me laugh! :laughing:

angeldelight
18-01-2008, 07:23 PM
Made me laugh also because that is very true

Angel xx

Chell
19-01-2008, 10:05 AM
You will definitely get your money but it might not be on time :laughing:

I am approved to care for my foster brother during the school holidays. I think it is £2.50 per hour. I do it from July-Sept and never get the money till mid November even though they are given the details each week.

Tily Bud
19-01-2008, 11:37 AM
I had a child through social services a couple of years back , he was on the ' at risk ' register and i must admit it was hard work :panic:

I used to invoice social services monthly in arrears and they used to pay me by bacs a week or two later x

twise
21-01-2008, 01:17 PM
Quick Update...

Had a meeting with parent and child at the weekend...without going into detail there are obvious problems but manageable ones.

I have spoken to the man at Social services (after they had finished in a meeting of course:rolleyes:) and they are visiting me Wednesday to sign contracts... doubled my hourly rate expecting to have to reneg down and they just accepted it :D ...however i did laugh out loud and had to feign a coughing fit when he said that i wouldn't be able to contact him tomorrow because he is in a meeting all day!!!! ;)

Thanks for all your advice

Tracy

sarah707
21-01-2008, 01:36 PM
LOL!

Next time they ring you... get someone else to answer and say you're in a meeting too :laughing: