PDA

View Full Version : Weather and driving

Rubybubbles
26-10-2008, 09:14 PM
Hello:D

I am now driving each day to pick up my mindies, it's only 6 1/2 miles each way but I am thinking of doing a letter about the weather conditions

I want to state about how if it is really foggy or icey I will only be able to pick up once it clears, due to the safety of ALL of the children in the car. The route is very rural and not the best in the rain anyway.

Like I said, I am only thinking about it because (even though I have been driving many years!) I will have up to 6 children in the car, and hate going out in the foggy weather ect.

DOes anyone have anything like this? Payment is kinda not an issue as I am paid through care-to-learn so get paid regardless:o I am going to phone my teen project manager on Weds (when she is next in!) and she what she says, I want somthing together before I start back at work a week on Monday

phew what a waffle

crazybones
26-10-2008, 09:15 PM
Sounds sensible to me. I hate driving in bad weather, kids or no kids.

breezy
26-10-2008, 09:17 PM
sounds a very good idea

angeldelight
27-10-2008, 09:01 AM
Sounds a great idea

I dont drive so unsure what everyone else does in this situation

Angel xx

Trouble
27-10-2008, 09:05 AM
its supposed to sleet and snow up here i dont do snow for anyone

i think its a good idea to have something in place you have the welfare of all the other children and your own to consider

Rubybubbles
27-10-2008, 01:08 PM
I have done a risk assesement on this now! I have managed to get hold of all the lincolnshire routes that they grit, and the one I travel isn't:( But have worked out an alternative route which if not too bad can use:panic: but will add about 10 minutes on my journey each morning, but still not the best of roads still! the lincolnshire advice is NOT to travel in bad weather conditions so printed that off to :laughing:

So I am doing my letter based on my risk assesment so :p to anyone that try to stop me (also if for any reason they were to complain I am backing myself up with the R A)

thanks guys