PDA

View Full Version : I love Freecycle

tulip0803
26-10-2008, 08:10 PM
A lady posted that she had a few jigsaws, games, couple of dressing up things which I said I would be very grateful for as I am a childminder. She said to come and see what she had. I know I don't have a huge car (Rover 25) but I could not fit anything else in the boot:eek: . She still had boxes for other people too. There were bilingual books, an Irish kilt and cape, little slate boards, boxes of books and puzzles, board games and lotto stuff.:jump for joy:

I know loads of you belong to Freecycle but if you don't check out your local one http://www.freecycle.org/groups/unitedkingdom/

Everything is free you just have to collect if you are chosen:D

sarah32
26-10-2008, 08:23 PM
I also love freecycle, had some really good things off it.

Was brilliant when I first started out, managed to get a travel cot and buggy.
Since had some good stuff and also become moderator for my local group.

aly
26-10-2008, 08:24 PM
I've just gone on there asking for a double buggy ha ha

breezy
26-10-2008, 08:32 PM
love it, I get rid of stuff on it too!

angeldelight
27-10-2008, 09:17 AM
love it, I get rid of stuff on it too!

I never get any bargains

sob sob

xx

jellytot
27-10-2008, 11:07 AM
freecycle is fantastic i love it :clapping: :laughing: :clapping:

PixiePetal
27-10-2008, 03:25 PM
I have just applied to join our local freecycle. I have a big toy garage that I no longer need. No other childminders locally want it so maybe someone will just take it away ! Need the room. :)

Annie_T
27-10-2008, 03:40 PM
i love it, just got rid of loads of childrens video's in swap of clothing hangers ... i asked for hangers and got message stating i can have theirs and then put my offered post up and they wanted them so swapping them later hehe

Mollymop
27-10-2008, 03:42 PM
I don't get freecycyle - u have to ask permission to become a member and i have asked my local freecycle sites quite a few times and it looks as though they don't want me!! I never have got permission off them. :mad:

aly
27-10-2008, 03:45 PM
I don't get freecycyle - u have to ask permission to become a member and i have asked my local freecycle sites quite a few times and it looks as though they don't want me!! I never have got permission off them. :mad:

Have you checked to see if they have accepted you and just not informed you ???

I have just applied to join our local freecycle. I have a big toy garage that I no longer need. No other childminders locally want it so maybe someone will just take it away ! Need the room.

Where abouts are you? My son is looking for a toy garage ;)

Mollymop
27-10-2008, 03:47 PM
Have you checked to see if they have accepted you and just not informed you ???

Where abouts are you? My son is looking for a toy garage ;)

No! Now why would I go and do that for??:rolleyes: :idea:

Annie_T
27-10-2008, 03:50 PM

take look here, select one, on the next page at bottom you can either log in or sign up .... then you select what email you want bits go to and boom you should be signed up ..
http://www.freecycle.org/search

tulip0803
27-10-2008, 05:18 PM

Some are more highly moderated than others (protects the members from spammers). Ours you can only become a member if you give them your town or village - the one next door wants postcodes, age, job etc etc, one the other way will let you straight on but then spammers can get your e-mail addy. If you get an e-mail you should read it because ours reminds people about needing to tell their location. Loads don't and she will not let them in without it. You can always e-mail the owner and say you are having problems.

madasahatter
27-10-2008, 06:37 PM
I've got some good bits and pieces from freecycle, most recently a huge bag of plaster of paris which the kids have had great fun with. However at the moment I get a bit fed up of reading all the wanted ads...all for really big expensive stuff like fridges, freezers, 3 piece suites, plasma tv:eek: and even cars)

LittleMissSparkles
27-10-2008, 06:44 PM
I moderate for our local site and we ask for name , nearest town and postcode to try stop scammers. xxx

PixiePetal
27-10-2008, 06:56 PM
aly, I am in Sussex so bit of a trek from you !

tulip0803
27-10-2008, 08:24 PM
I've got some good bits and pieces from freecycle, most recently a huge bag of plaster of paris which the kids have had great fun with. However at the moment I get a bit fed up of reading all the wanted ads...all for really big expensive stuff like fridges, freezers, 3 piece suites, plasma tv:eek: and even cars)

We restrict the amount of wanteds that people can ask for to one post with a max of 3 wanted items every 7 days and cannot post for more than once a month for each item and the group owner is very strict about realistic wanteds and no sob stories. She has had some awful e-mails from people who cannot see a problem with demanding expensive stuff with a long sob story to make people feel sorry for them.

But you can still get some fantastic stuff:)

LittleMissSparkles
29-10-2008, 10:48 AM
We restrict the amount of wanteds that people can ask for to one post with a max of 3 wanted items every 7 days and cannot post for more than once a month for each item and the group owner is very strict about realistic wanteds and no sob stories. She has had some awful e-mails from people who cannot see a problem with demanding expensive stuff with a long sob story to make people feel sorry for them.

But you can still get some fantastic stuff:)

that sounds like our my co owner is very strict with the rules and has had some really nasty messages from members before nowx

Zoemum2four
23-01-2009, 04:18 PM
Freecycle is gr8, Helped me out loads when i was first starting out as a childminder, got most of my stuff from there: Travel cot, double buggy, baby monitors, could go on forever, but well worth joining and watching out for the odd good free bits......:)