PDA

View Full Version : I can see the appeal!

Donkey
26-10-2008, 05:25 PM
of over 8's minding only...

no eyfs, no nappies, they take themselves to the toilet...

just met an 11 year old for afterschool care, university is paying for childcare via mum, so need to work finances, but the 11 year old is happy to come to me, think the virgin media unlimited access to music videos might have had something to do with it:roleyes:

mum didnt seem to happy with paying for none attendance and also for paying up front, but im sticking to my ground!!!

Pipsqueak
26-10-2008, 05:28 PM
good luck - hope it works out:thumbsup:

Ithink there are for and againsts for over 8's, - they are "easier" to entertain - basically often they are happy to do their own thing more often than not - stick the Wii or internet on and et voila happy for hours lol, they can be great company and lots of fun and very helpful

downs:
they eat lots
have a bigger voice
possible problems of them wanting to go out on their own....

breezy
26-10-2008, 05:30 PM
good luck, hope it works out, ds and one mindee are 11 it's a doddle especially if you speak in grunts!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sarah707
26-10-2008, 06:44 PM
My over 8s are lovely!

I have 2 at the moment and they are both articulate and best left alone to do their own thing :D

angeldelight
26-10-2008, 07:54 PM
I sometimes like it when I have just the older ones too - you can do so much

Good luck

Angel xx

MissTinkerbell
27-10-2008, 09:45 AM
I have 2 over -8s and they're great. Eldest one loves helping me with my own little ones. They entertain themselves most of the time and are a great help when we go out and about. i've got them this week and its brilliant not having to think about EYFS and observations for a whole week.

Blaze
27-10-2008, 11:09 AM
Does anyone want my over 8 (dd...she just turned 9) ...shes being a right madame!

Pipsqueak
27-10-2008, 12:06 PM
Does anyone want my over 8 (dd...she just turned 9) ...shes being a right madame!

swop you for a mouthy, grumpy 8 year old boy!

Blaze
27-10-2008, 12:13 PM
mmmm...sounds appealing...she just pushed her brother (3)of the sofa...who threw a very loud hissy fit & woke Grace up!:angry:

Pipsqueak
27-10-2008, 12:16 PM
mmmm...sounds appealing...she just pushed her brother (3)of the sofa...who threw a very loud hissy fit & woke Grace up!:angry:

oh dear, H is in bother because we are going away tomorrow and I have asked/told him countless times the last 3 days to sort his room out so I can go in and pack but nooooooo and then he got really crabby because I let his brother go out to play and not him:rolleyes:

You are talking to the worlds worst parent at present - do you feel privilaged or wot!

ChocolateChip
27-10-2008, 02:09 PM
Ha ha, might be after that title myself Pipsqueak! :D
Do their ears suddenly stop functioning when they reach 8 or what?
I ask and ak and ask my ds to do something (or not do something) but he still carries on regardless, and then can't seem to understand why he's in trouble :angry:
The rate he's going he'll be grounded for the whole half term!:eek:
Having said that, the 2 older girls I have are brilliant, did have problems with a boy backalong, basically really wild and jumped around on all the furniture regardless of if there were babies around or not, but guess that was just him.

Ebs71
28-10-2008, 08:35 AM
of over 8's minding only...

no eyfs, no nappies, they take themselves to the toilet...

just met an 11 year old for afterschool care, university is paying for childcare via mum, so need to work finances, but the 11 year old is happy to come to me, think the virgin media unlimited access to music videos might have had something to do with it:roleyes:

mum didnt seem to happy with paying for none attendance and also for paying up front, but im sticking to my ground!!!

Well done :thumbsup:

Donkey
28-10-2008, 06:33 PM
well she hasn't phoned back

oh well, you win some you lose some (more lose than win at the moment)
but I am not a charity!!!

DudleyChildmind
28-10-2008, 06:36 PM
I have 5 over 8's and they are all lovely :)