PDA

View Full Version : So sad

cherry
18-01-2008, 04:43 PM
Hi

I've just said goodbye to my 2 year old mindee, she's going to Nursery in town as her Mum is leaving our village. :(

I've looked after her 5 days a week from 8.00am till 6.00pm since she was 5 months old and even though I've been minding for a long time I will never get use to saying goodbye :(

Can't stop filling up everytime I think of her. I so hope she will be happy in the Nursery.

We had a lovely day, we went to a new indoor play area which she loved and couldn't wait to tell Mummy when she was collected.

Of course both me and Mum were in tears and she couldn't understand why we were both sad, love her.

I'll miss her :(

littlestar
18-01-2008, 04:50 PM
hi cherry sorry to hear your sad its amazing how attached we all get you must have been so proud she all big and gonna where a school uniform how sweet im sure she will be fine
i hope you feel better soon
:)

angeldelight
18-01-2008, 04:52 PM
Sorry to hear that what a shame - why do the good ones always have to go

Hope you stay in contact with her

I had my first child to mind when he was only a few mths old he is 17 in March and still comes to stay every month

Angel xx

sarah707
18-01-2008, 05:01 PM
I still miss some of my old ones too... it doesn't get any easier does it?

xx hugs xx

Blaze
18-01-2008, 05:05 PM
Aww I hate goodbyes too (well most of the time)!:D
Tasha:)

ruby
18-01-2008, 05:09 PM
this is one of the down sides to this job you can get so attached
especially if you have had then since they were babies

hope you are feeling better

cathy and Rachel x

emler
18-01-2008, 05:12 PM
Oh I'm rubbish at saying goodbye too - we get so attached don't we?

Emler x

ajs
18-01-2008, 05:17 PM
hi cherry i was exactly the same i finished with my 2 year old just before xmas and i'd had him since he was 5 months too.

his grandma sent me a picture text the other day of him in his school uniform and it made me cry
i really miss him and it's obvious the others do too as the 14 month old walks around shouting her name for him.

angel i can beat that
my first "baby" ws 19 months when i started with her she's 27 in april and sam went to stay with her when he was in new york last year

she was also my bridesmaid 18 years ago

sarah707
18-01-2008, 05:33 PM
OMG Mandy you've been in this job too long!!!!

My first one is 13 and my dd went to stay with the family in France last summer... they emigrated :D

ajs
18-01-2008, 05:56 PM
ha ha sarah that's so true
when i left school in the 70s i went to teacher training college where i did nursery teaching then after i left i nannied for a couple of years while teaching a in a private nursery the child was at the same nursery and i only worked mornings.
i registered as a childminder when sam was 3 months old when we were still in london but moved to durham when he was 2 and didn't work again until we moved here 8 years ago so i haven't been registered that long only 7 years but have worked with children for the last 27 years sssshhhh say that bit quietly please

Twinkles
18-01-2008, 06:02 PM
Oh me too Ajs I worked as a nanny and in nurseries and creches before I registered as a minder 13 years ago. So I've worked in childcare for 30yrs and I'm only 39 ( yeah right ).

ajs
18-01-2008, 06:05 PM
Oh me too Ajs I worked as a nanny and in nurseries and creches before I registered as a minder 13 years ago. So I've worked in childcare for 30yrs and I'm only 39 ( yeah right ).

gosh you're so young youmust have been a child genius, like me of course

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Banana
18-01-2008, 10:40 PM
I hope you get another litttle one to look after to take the space who will be as lovely! Bless you, you must be emotinal about it. I am sure she will have wonderful memeories of you

x

Schnakes
18-01-2008, 10:48 PM
I had this two weeks ago...I was sitting on here pouring my heart out about it with tears down my face. Big hugs to you girl...its like losing a member of your family, isnt it? :group hug:

Sx

cherry
19-01-2008, 11:20 AM
Just wanted to say thank you for all your kind words. Feeling a bit better today.

Mum has promised to keep in touch and let me know how she gets on at Nursery. :)

Cherry x

Tily Bud
19-01-2008, 11:24 AM
Aww I hate goodbyes too (well most of the time)!:D
Tasha:)

Me too Tasha x